MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Saudi Arabia. The Company delivers business process services to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality of government-sponsored benefit programs, such as the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Health Insurance BC (British Columbia), as well as welfare-to-work and child support programs around the globe. The Company’s primary customer base includes federal, provincial, state, county and municipal governments.
Individual will be key member of team responsible for monthly financial statement preparation for the domestic business, including preparation of journal entries, monthly account reconciliations and analytics. Individual will also be responsible for supporting audits (both internal and external), assisting Corporate Finance with analytics for footnote disclosures, assisting the preparation of Federal incurred cost submissions, and other special project support.
• Prepare account reconciliations and follow up on reconciling items.
• Manage the cost accounting allocation processes.
• Work with program finance to resolve revenue/billing set up issues.
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of monthly close activities
• Assist Corporate Accounting by performing various month-end and quarter-end analyses, including analyses of revenue, accounts receivable, unbilled revenue, backlog, etc.
• Assist with coordination of information flow with both internal and external auditors.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities through automation and/or efficiency initiatives
• Build and maintain working relationships with operating and other finance groups and provide them with subject matter expertise assistance
• Support preparation legal entity financial statements
• Assist with special projects as required.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by management
• CPA preferred, not required
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 5+years of relevant job experience
• Costpoint experience required
• Government contracting industry experience preferred
• Experience with Pool Allocations and Revenue/Billing Modules is a Big Plus
• Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting theory
• Must possess strong proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment delivering results and quality services
• Demonstrated experience to execute multiple tasks simultaneously working in a team or independently
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Costpoint, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) cost principles preferred
• Ability to work longer hours during peak times.