Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategic planning and tactical execution for organizational excellence by directing, communicating, organizing, resourcing, monitoring, performance managing and engaging a talented workforce to facilitate the pursuit, implementation and ongoing delivery of customer focused, efficient and continuously improving products and services.
- Build a strong management team and direct assigned staff to ensure the completion of work in a timely and efficient manner across multiple functional domains.
- Align objectives, measure results, conduct developmental discussion and complete performance reviews.
- Maintain an understanding of and ensure compliance with MAXIMUS policies, multiple contract policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations applicable to programs administered by MAXIMUS.
- Collaborate and work closely with clients and leadership team on project specific directives/initiatives.
- Assist in the development of automated solutions to improve efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the development and pursuit of new operational engagements.
- Leverage technology, continuous improvement and transformational change initiatives to optimize business processes.
- Communicates and collaborate with management, supervisors and staff to identify challenges and opportunities and to develop creative and innovative solutions for operational excellence.
- Provide guidance, direction and development for directors and managers across multiple domains.
- Create an environment for high workforce engagement.
- Coach, set expectations, conduct performance appraisals and provide career development, succession planning, corrective action and recognition for assigned staff.
- Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups or service areas through senior managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas.
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business.
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the company’s goals.
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters.
- Reports to VP level.