Systems Analyst position is responsible for providing agile centric systems analysis for Maximus’ client systems implementation and software development of DevOps related projects. This position will work with the business stakeholders and product owners to document and communicate business requirements using Agile development practices. Working with the Product owners, the analyst will act as the bridge between the business and DevOps teams to develop and manage epics and user stories write and execute test cases, and provide support for system stakeholders and execution teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the collaboration with business stakeholders and work with product owners to identify, analyze and document portfolio and program level systems requirements
• Analyze the system requirements and business process flows to develop Epics and user stories
•Work with the product mgmt. team and product owner to understand release and sprint dependencies, impact on the release scope etc
• Define functional and non-functional requirements and work with the project team to prioritize release scope.
• Participate in backlog refinement sessions and assist the product owner in prioritization of user stories.
• Performing analysis to assess quality of the project data.
• Identify Anomalies and ensure that they are maintained through closure.
• Assist with basic back end configuration changes or data preparation
• Work with the development team during the agile sprint cycles to clarify user stories.
• Work with the testing team during test plan, test preparation and execution activities to clarify user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Perform testing and testing support activities
•Participate in PI planning, Inspect and Retro sessions, systems demo, testing activities and in some cases, UAT activities.
• 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
• At least 4 years of software development life cycle direct experience.( pref. 2 years of Agile)
• At least 4 years of Systems Analysis activities pref 2 years using Agile development methodologies
• Solid Experience with Agile methodology and DevOps tools (like JIRA, TFS, Confluence,) would be required
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies , Data Analysis, Data Mapping, SQL etc
• Knowledge of DevOps concepts like Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, REST, IDM, MFA etc
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision required
• Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
• Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say
• Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
• Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
• Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to program management, product owners , and technical teams.
• Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as portfolio management, product management, and DevOps teams)
• High degree of confidence and ability to influence others through strong communication skills
• 10% travel required.
• A high level of mathematical ability or math logic understanding.
• Basic understanding of DevOps technologies, programming languages like Java, Python, SQL etc
• Experience with complex Federal government projects
•Ability to analyze, model and interpret data.
• Problem-solving skills.
• A methodical and logical approach.
• The ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing agile centric systems analysis for DevOps based systems software development projects.
- Work with the business to provide business requirement solutions using Agile development practices.
- create user stories or use cases, manage backlogs, write and execute test cases, and provide support for system stakeholders and DevOps teams
- Lead the collaboration with business stakeholder to identify and document the system level requirements that solution the business requirements.
- Define functional and non-functional requirements and work with the product owners to prioritize release scope.
- Actively participate in backlog refinement, Inspect and Retro sessions by evaluating against existing requirements and determine outcome and priority.
- Assist with basic back end configuration changes or data preparation.
- Work with the DevOps team during PI planning sessions to clarify user stories
- Work with the DevOps team during test preparation and execution to clarify user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Participate in systems testing activities and in some cases, UAT activities.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.