MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
MAXIMUS Federal is currently looking for a Recruiter to join our team in Irving, Texas. The program will support Customer Service Representatives who use scripted responses to answer questions from the public, entering information required to process fulfillment requests for Census forms, and collecting and entering Census data into an Internet Self Response (ISR) instrument. The information will be entered into screens on an application via computer. All transactions must be conducted accurately, courteously, and in a timely manner.
This position is responsible for facilitating the recruitment process within a high-volume contact center. The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to, screening resumes, conducting phone screens, as well as scheduling successful candidates for interview.
Essential Job Duties
• Responsible for full-cycle recruiting for regular and temporary positions.
• Consults with hiring managers to activate post requisitions that accurately reflect the duties, responsibilities, education, training, certifications, experience and security classifications required for positions.
• Interviews, screens and evaluates external and internal candidates for job openings to identify applicants who fully meet the position requirements of posted requisitions and refers them to hiring manager for consideration.
• Makes employment recommendations based on information developed through prescreens, interviews, reference checks, applications, and resumes, ensuring the compensation offer is competitive, internally equitable, and affordable.
• Coordinates and actively participates in the selection of the final candidates.
• Ensures all phases of the recruiting process are conducted in accordance with MAXIMUS and MAXIMUS Ethics, Legal and Human Resources policies.
• Ensures that MAXIMUS' internal applicant tracking system is maintained and completed; applicants are dispositioned accordingly to OFCCP guidelines; internal candidates are dispositioned and contacted appropriately; and, interview reports are completed timely and accurately.
• Runs queries of automated system and provides information to management as requested.
• Coordinates and participates in job fairs.
• Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all tasks.
• Maintains a cooperative relationship with departments throughout MAXIMUS and its clients to ensure that fair employment practices are followed.
• Serves as an internal consultant regarding staffing needs and projections, and then advises on the best course of action to fill open positions.
• Conducts regular follow-up with MAXIMUS and clients’ personnel to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Develop knowledge of the marketplace to ensure competitiveness in hiring.
• Acts as liaison with outside vendors and community-based organizations to assist in recruiting efforts.
• Administer and coordinate employment offers and background checks.
• Manage recruiting activities, correspondence, and data analysis through and applicant tracking system.
• Administer and analyze pre-employment assessments and references.
• Manage employment offer process.
• Manage the new hire setup process, including new-hire paperwork.
• Assists Human Resources department on other assignments and/or special projects as requested.
• Travel to company locations and client sites is required.
• Assists in the preparation and delivery of New-Hire Orientations.
• Assists in the training of new recruiters
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
• A minimum 2 years of solid full-cycle recruiting experience required.
• Experience recruiting in a high-volume Call Center environment required.
• Knowledge of general human resources practices and procedures.
• Proven understanding of effective recruiting and sourcing concepts required.
• Knowledge of general recruiting practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations pertaining to the recruiting function.
• Effective communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of Applicant Tracking System and other relevant software.
• Advanced Excel experience with ability to track and create weekly update reports.
• Federal government contracting industry experience is highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of Service Contract Act (SCA) experience highly desired.
• Ability to pass United State Census Bureau suitability assessment is required.
In accordance with contractual requirements:
Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau. Ability to pass United State Census Bureau suitability assessment.
MAXIMUS is unable to provide visa sponsorship in support of 2020 CQA Program.
The suitability assessment requires residency in the United States for a cumulative period of three (3) years over a five (5) year period ending with the date of the security application prior to starting work in support of the 2020 CQA program.
Citizenship status requirement:
MAXIMUS follows the United States Census Bureau guideline for citizenship status which requires that you are either a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder.