This position is responsible for assisting the project with defining, developing, and documenting business and stakeholder requirements related to quality.
Facilitates processes that enable stakeholders to formulate strategy, organizational performance goals, and to identify, select, and implement appropriate ways to evaluate and monitor work against identified organizational performance objectives.
Develops and produces contractual and operations reports related to quality functions.
Completes Quality Control review of transactions; analyzes finding for issue avoidance and intercedes in process to ensure that client contractual expectations are met.
Acts as a subject matter expert, reporting specialist, provides support to other MAXIMUS projects and performs special projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Develop and maintain quality control measures and reports.
2) Evaluates the impact of systems and operation workflow on the quality of work by staff and in state systems.
3) Develop reports and background information for staff and external sources as required.
4) Manages the daily, weekly and monthly audit materials, including providing notification to key stakeholders regarding any violations of HIPPA or other regulatory statutes
5) Extracts, aggregates, reviews, analyzes and presents data in various formats using advance features of MS Excel, pivot tables, MS Access and other software tools.
6) Participates in program expansion planning and implementation as it relates to training program changes
7) Keeps management informed of all quality performance issues that may impact contract compliance.
8) Analyze data, existing systems, programs, policies and organizational processes and other information in order to conceptualize and define process problems and/or improvement opportunities.
9) Ensure all required process documentation is accurate, correctly detailed, and kept up-to-date and organized in the appropriate repository.
10) Documents best practices and continuously measure outcomes for desired results and improvements.
11) Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and/or university or 3 to 5 years of direct quality experience.
Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience Required: 3 years of work experience in a quality competence.
Experience Preferred: 5 years of experience in a quality role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day functions of the Quality Assurance (QA) department.
- Manage an effective quality assurance program that monitors for and resolves issues before they become problems.
- Supervise the development and regular update of policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the need for and ensures the provision of necessary training for project personnel, providing up-to-date information on relevant programs, community resources, and options for consumers.
- Arrange staff training on a regular and ongoing basis, in coordination with the Director of Program Integrity, Quality Assurance, and Training and other managers, regarding enrollment practices or other areas associated with customer service and quality improvement.
- Work closely with the MAXIMUS Center for Employee Development to ensure project training program meets all corporate requirements.
- Work with MAXIMUS subject matter experts to ensure project obtains ISO and Purdue certifications.
- Provide the Director of Program Integrity, Quality Assurance, and Training and Project Manager with updates on all issues regarding quality, operations, training, and policy and procedures.
- Provide leadership to all staff in the areas of quality improvement as it relates to process improvement, customer service and conflict resolution.
- Prepare reports and briefings for the Project Manager and reviews monthly and quarterly project status reports provided to the Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interact with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).