MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
Job Description Summary:
The purpose of this position is to perform real-time data entry by listening to caller voice clips and capturing the appropriate concept or data, and entering the information into proprietary software.
Essential Job Duties:
• Capture callers’ intent on where callers should be routed to
Interpret, select, or code items based upon analysis of caller’s intent
• Monitor own call volume to determine correct scheduling
• Translate colloquialisms, common expressions, slang, and acronyms into information needed to complete call
• Perform audits of own work to ensure conformance with established procedures
• Perform queries within computer programs or on-line services/search tools to translate and enter correct information on caller’s behalf
• Maintain up to date knowledge of trained client applications
• Maintain acceptable work quality in accordance to department policies
• Escalate potential inconsistencies or issues based upon minimal caller information
• Enter caller data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information with keyboard and mouse combination in accordance to screen format
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• One year of experience in a clerical or administrative position preferred
• Basic to advanced computer skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to type 40 words per minute accurately without grammatical errors
• Ability to successfully execute tasks simultaneously
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to take accountability for work and adhere to work schedule
• Ability to sort, file, type and process material in an expeditious manner
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and accept constructive feedback
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Perform repetitive clerical steps such as document verification, manage inbound and outbound routine calls, and greeting guests.
- Perform entry-level clerical duties requiring general knowledge and the application of various work methods and procedures.
- Provide administrative support to project and operations management, which may include identifying, anticipating, and meetings needs of all departments.
- High School Diploma with 1-3 years of experience.
- May have training or education in area of specialization.