The IT Operations Manager will be responsible for the delivery of IT service and projects from engineering to operations, and is the service owner for all end-user and customer-facing IT services and solutions.
Responsibilities include support for the end-to-end delivery of ITSM services through the application of industry best practices.
•Technical Operations Manager to support our client IT infrastructure support
•Responsibilities include support for the end-to-end delivery of ITSM services through the application of industry best practices
•Responsible for the delivery of IT services and support to DHS customers
•Works closely with client to support effective delivery of the following
•Maintain a stable, cost effective and secure IT environment
•Provide quality, timely and cost efficient maintenance
•Protect and present client information that facilitates the client mission and modernize technology to meet business demands in a cost effective manner
•Includes all facets of operations for computer, network, communications, and hardware and software infrastructure technologies
Education and Experience
•Bachelor of Science in Technical Field
•10+ years of relevant IT INF O&M experience as noted below
•Ability to obtain a U.S. Secret clearance or higher
•Experience with: + Networking + Various OS: Linux, Mac, Windows, VMWare, KVM + Virtualization/Containerization + SharePoint
•AWS/Azure implementation/troubleshooting + Networking (Juniper or Cisco) + MCSE + Security+ IaaS + IaaC
Successful delivery of these IT services includes the following high-level objectives:
• Continual modernization of the Customer’s portfolio of IT systems
• Delivery of enterprise-wide and scalable IT solutions
• Manage and support geographically dispersed workforce
• Balance technical and strategic support activities to fulfill client missions
• Effective cost management and full accountability and apportionment
• Maintain secure operational environment
• Effective application of service cost and service management practices to achieve full cost transparency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Project Management team in the planning, monitoring and execution of all projects within the portfolio.
- Build project management expertise within the team and develop best practices.
- Coordinate and evaluate the work of the Project Management team.
- Ensure exposure to risk is minimized on all projects.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to leadership regarding risks, issues and plans to address each.
- Based on lessons learned, provides recommendations to leadership to improve business and project processes to achieve improved results.
- Develop and provide education and training to non- PMO employees regarding PMO processes.
- Able to travel occasionally.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Able to occasionally lift, carry, or otherwise move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of project management experience.
- Deliver a single large project or multiple smaller projects at the same time.
- Make informed decisions and ensure adherence to budgets.
- Recommend innovative methodologies, techniques, and criteria for projects.
- Knowledge of workflows and project mapping.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Communicate updates and project status effectively and efficiently.