Required Education: BA degree in a health, social services, or communications field required; RN licensure required
Preferred Education: MA degree in a health, social services, or communications field required.
Required Experience: 4+ years RN experience in home care/geriatric and/or LTC settings. Experience with UAS-NY Assessment tool
Preferred Experience: Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in a clinical setting
Required Skills: Leadership skills including the ability to support a remote team of nurses; knowledge of the theory, principles and practices of general professional nursing; knowledge of state and agency laws and regulations governing general nursing practices; ability to work effectively with technology in the workplace; highly developed written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a stressful and changing environment; ability to adapt to new technology and process changes and support others with such changes; a strong ability to work independently and proven ability to work with community groups.
1. Supervises the Nurse Evaluators in a designated region to assure quality, productivity, and timeliness of work completion.
2. Oversees the training and development of Nurse Evaluators.
3. Monitor the activities, schedules, productivity, and assessment results of an assigned group of Nurse Evaluators.
4. Reviews clinical documentation for completeness, accuracy and consistency for an assigned group of Nurse Evaluators.
5. Collects QA information from assigned Nurse Evaluators.
6. Disseminates policy, protocol change, and ensures implementation across the team.
7. Leads regular team meetings and acts as the point-person for the region of Nurse Evaluators.
8. Conducts scheduled and random assessment supervision visits to ensure customer satisfaction through the observation of the Nurse Evaluator’s interaction and communication with consumers as well as the application of the UAS-NY assessment tool.
9. Promotes project image and goals through public speaking engagements and local professional presentations
10. Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position
11. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Nurse Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead content knowledge expert concerning the review and research of provided medical information.
- Perform medical case reviews consisting of medical referral information to facilitate appointing by Lay- Staff.
- Facilitate the provision of coaching for Lay- Staff in assisting patients with scheduling care.
- Identify and direct the provision of Medical Terminology training to Lay- Staff for scheduling and specialty referral appointing.
- Assist in providing organizational support of ICD- 10 coding of medical documentation.
- Maintain professional nursing oversight documentation on staff and assure compliance with licensure and training.
- Provide manager with updates on all issues regarding quality, training, policy, procedures, staff issues, case determination and appeals activity.
- Provide supervision, development, and coaching of staff to assure quality, productivity, attendance and timeliness of work completion and departmental goals.
- Establish work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness of assigned operations.
- Compose performance evaluations for bonuses and annual focal point reviews.
- Provide training and disciplinary action in accordance to company and project guidelines.
- Complete and deliver performance warnings as applicable.
- Maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
- Facilitate meetings as needed.
- Interview and recommend applicants for hire.
- Monitor workload and coordinate schedules.
- Communicate pertinent program updates in a timely manner using ability to review and understand contract scope and requirements.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequent interaction with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that affect immediate organization(s).