MAXIMUS is seeking a Systems Administrator IV to join our team in Suitland, MD. This position will install new software releases and system upgrades as well as evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems. Work after hours and at other NOAA facilities may be required periodically.
• Install new software releases and system upgrades
• Evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems
• Perform system backups and recovery
• Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
• Maintain responsibility for system security and data integrity
• Assign passwords and monitor use of resources
• Produce IT Security artifacts, business reports, data call reports, forms, etc.
• Perform additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required, equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree
• At least 8 years of system administration experience required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project)
• Experience managing Windows Domain Controllers and Active Directory
• Experience using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) patch server
• Experience implementing Group Policy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly detail-oriented and productivity-oriented
• Organized, timely, and customer service-oriented
• Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
• Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
• Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Government experience preferred
• Experience with the following software preferred:
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
• United States Citizenship
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to collect requirements from the diverse customer base, perform the appropriate analysis, develop the strategic roadmap, and all associated documentation.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the Desktop Team the Windows Server Team and Engineering Teams.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with regards to Windows Active Directory and Associate services.
- Design, implement and configure the systems needed to support an enterprise AD infrastructure and an enterprise windows desktop environment consisting of 20,000 Pcs and laptops.
- Manage the day to day activities of the Windows Desktop Team.
- Ensure that the 20,000 Windows PCs and laptops in the environment are patched and in compliance security requirements.
- Manage and be familiar with SCOM 2012, SCCM 2012 BigFix, and BigFix.
- Create training material(s) to provide to the customer on all solutions implemented.
- Create standard operating procedures on all solutions implemented.
- Research, evaluate and remain current on emerging tools, techniques and IT technologies.
- Work closely with client to perform technical and requirements analysis.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
**Computer Professional Job Profile