Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing cases for court action and assisting the attorney in court.
- Provide legal and clerical support and assistance to the attorney at court.
- Responsible for ensuring all cases are appropriately and timely prepared for court.
- Prepare necessary legal/ and or administrative documents for review and approval by staff attorney and /or administrator /supervisor designee.
- File legal pleadings, order and other legal documents with the appropriate clerk for court and enter docket numbers and court dates in TCSES.
- Enter court dispositions in TCSES within established state, federal, and contractual requirements.
- Complete attorney directed court follow-up such as discovery, subpoenas, and motions within required timeframes.
- Undertake special projects; provide periodic and consistent information to management for each phase of the assigned project.
- Perform audits of own work and or that of others to ensure conformance with established procedure.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate's Degree preferred. 1 year of relevant experience required.
- Child Support experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in use of personal computers and related software applications such Microsoft Access, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- High School Diploma with 2-4 years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Communicate more complex information, using job experience to anticipate and proactively address related questions.