The Training/Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for training new staff, training current staff on policy updates, and providing program outreach to other community organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the complete learning development and maintenance process including; needs analysis, design, development, solutions implementation, communications, and program evaluation for the internal shared services site.
- Work closely with multiple projects including management and internal partners to ensure the successful development, implementation and ongoing delivery and operations of the learning programs.
- Serve as supervisor for new hires while in training.
- Assess new hire performance; identify those that will move forward and those that will terminate if test scores or professional behavior requirements are not met.
- Coach new hires on content and provide feedback on skills and deficiencies to the employment agency and Contact Center management.
- Develop an outline and determine the best form of delivery based on the topic and time restrictions.
- Create any combination of materials to support this approach which could include PowerPoint slides, job aids, case studies, system drills, prepared flip charts, e- Learning, team activities, etc.
- Study content and prepare a list of possible questions which trainees are likely to ask, review with client subject matter experts in order to be better prepared.
- Process paperwork for systems (state and internal) access for new hire temps arriving from staffing agency.
- Provide feedback to agency on status of participants as needed.
- Deliver training content to existing employees and new hires using various media such as flip chart, PowerPoint presentations, class exercises, e- Learning, etc.
- Facilitate discussion through a use of questioning techniques.
- Alter the delivery method of training to clarify a concept as needed; rapidly assess how students will best assimilate the information.
- Employ classroom management techniques to disruptive class behavior such as excessive talking to neighbor, cell phone use, tardiness, etc.
- Develop and execute tests to measure student performance and administer re-takes to help students exceed the average 80% test score requirement. Recommend termination for those that fall below that requirement.
- Participate in team meetings and assist in writing Knowledge Center articles, etc.
- Review state agency websites for policy changes. Based on those findings, make determination on impact to business.
- Assist on special project requests and new initiatives.
- High School diploma with 4+ years of experience, or Associate degree with 2+ years' experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgement in resolving issues.
- Understands implications or work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or draft such responses for supervisor or team lead.