-The Training and Outreach Manager supports projects within Maximus’s Clinical Services Division, which performs a wide array of clinical assessment services for individuals with physical and/or mental disabilities seeking Medicaid-funded services and supports. The Training and Outreach Manager provides management and execution of training and outreach materials (PowerPoints, resources, forms, live and webinar trainings) for internal and external stakeholders, performing research and analyzing efforts to create and implement a comprehensive training program. This position also assists in gathering and reporting on performance results, maintaining and organizing departmental documents, and working in collaboration with other departments to ensure outreach activities are developed and delivered effectively and efficiently. Some travel for onsite training with external stakeholders may be required.
1. Designs, develops and implements training curriculum and supporting materials.
2. Develop training schedules based on the evaluation of the need for new staff.
3. Develop and deliver training through input and communication with the client and Project Director.
4. Ensure Operations teams are provided with updated knowledge required for the project, which includes management of changes to scope and direction.
5. Communicate operating policies and procedures and ensure compliance with contractual agreement.
6. Arrange staff training on a regular and ongoing basis regarding telephone protocols and project information obtained through quality assurance monitoring.
7. Performs other duties, as necessary or assigned by the Program Director.
• Accountable for meeting all established training and outreach goals for the project
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to lead and drive effective training and outreach
• Ability to work effectively in a “hands-on” management role
• Outstanding work ethic, integrity, and value system
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform all job duties in compliance with Person First standards, HIPAA guidelines, and company confidentiality policies
• Ability to multitask effectively while performing job duties, including ability to prioritize tasks and ensuring all voice mail and email messages are returned expeditiously
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, including ability to use effective diplomacy in dealing with senior business leaders and other business parties
• Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision
• Ability to interact professionally and collegially with referral sources (hospital & nursing home staff, physicians, social service workers, etc.), state contract officers, and coworkers
• Advanced skill with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and publishing software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Visio strongly preferred)
The job requires successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Communications, English, or related field. Directly related work experience can be substituted for the required college degree on a year-for-year basis.
The job requires five (5) or more years of experience in professional training setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage collaboration with stakeholders to perform needs analysis, develop learning objectives and design deliverables that meet the business needs and organizational quality standards.
- Create and organize training sessions, and deliver instructor led training programs as needed to achieve business outcomes and effective transfer of learning in the workplace.
- Forge relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that both tactical and strategic goals and outcomes are met.
- Develop and implement training programs and materials to ensure business requirements are met for effective operation programs such as marketplace, customer service skills, systems, mailroom, back office, certified assistor training and healthcare laws and regulations.
- Complete hiring and performance management processes to support a high performing training team.
- Provide confidential coaching/facilitation and work closely with all levels of operation staff to ensure the integrity of the program and provides highly skilled feedback on operations staff performance in scheduled training and informal skills based coaching.
- Ensure Training Specialists and Operations staff are provided with up-to-date knowledge of project related updates, processes, and procedures.
- Lead the design development, and manage training sessions, and schedule with the Training Director based on the evaluation of the needs of staff and new hires in coordination with management.
- Develop a means of measuring the effectiveness of training programs developed or administered through evaluation, testing, and assessment of program outcomes.
- Review, evaluate, and modify existing and proposed programs.
- Act in collaboration with Training Director as client interface for all training related functions.
- Develop assessments to measure and assess effectiveness of the curriculum and learner performance in the workplace, integrating results into new and existing course curriculum.
- Maintain a library of training aids.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Able to occasionally lift, carry, or otherwise move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequent interaction with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that affect immediate organization(s).