This position is contingent upon award
The Program Manager (DPM) is responsible to the Transition Director for the efficient and effective execution of the Transition contract. The Program Manager server as the overarching leader of the company’s employees and will work closely with the Contracting Officer’s Representative, Government Representatives and Transition Headquarters Staff to ensure the proper execution of the transition contract. The PM is the primary focus of the contract and is responsible for the contract staffs performance. Although not an all-inclusive listing the PM’s duties include the following:
•Serve as point of contact with the government and manage all contract operations at the Headquarters level
•Assist in managing the contractor program and project teams for optimal program effectiveness
•Assist the PM in providing operational expertise and oversight of the Program Management Office (PMO)
•Assist the PM in providing in directing and managing PMO actions for day-to-day SFL-TAP functions to ensure all contract requirements are met
•Conduct command level briefings to government personnel and SFL-TAP stakeholders
•Implement and provide guidance to PMO staff on SFL-TAP policies and processes
•Operational program focus is primary duty
•Assist PM with direct face-to-face assistance with HRC Management Team
•Assist PM with leading PMO team to provide analysis of transition policies and its impact to SFL-TAP staff and client services while also providing workable solutions for execution to HRC and IMCOM
•Assist with guiding the contract staff IRT offering specialized courses tailored to the needs of the installation
•Assist with providing advice and guidance regarding TAPXXI
•Communicate with CIM’s, DHR’s, TSM’s, TSS’s and other government stakeholders regularly to ensure smooth execution
•Assist PM to provide advice and guidance regarding TAPXXI; Assist PM with assisting government with analyzing business’ activities, expenses, establishing goals, and communicating the strategy throughout the organization
•Assist PM with directing, defining and coordinating program issues and find workable solutions
•Assist with monitoring technical issues (TAPXXI) and preparing/analyzing specialized adhoc reports
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
• 7+ years in a management role
• Exceptional leadership skills, time management, facilitation and organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of the SFL-TAP program
• Working knowledge of government chain of command and transition policies.
• Working knowledge of change management principles
• Applicants must successfully undergo a background investigation (National Agency Check)
• U.S. Citizen
• Ability to meet and correspond regularly with a Government counterpart.
•Master’s degree in business administration or related field
•Strong working knowledge of SFL-TAP and program requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Project Management team in the planning, monitoring and execution of all projects within the portfolio.
- Build project management expertise within the team and develop best practices.
- Coordinate and evaluate the work of the Project Management team.
- Ensure exposure to risk is minimized on all projects.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to leadership regarding risks, issues and plans to address each.
- Based on lessons learned, provides recommendations to leadership to improve business and project processes to achieve improved results.
- Develop and provide education and training to non- PMO employees regarding PMO processes.
- Able to travel occasionally.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Able to occasionally lift, carry, or otherwise move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of project management experience.
- Deliver a single large project or multiple smaller projects at the same time.
- Make informed decisions and ensure adherence to budgets.
- Recommend innovative methodologies, techniques, and criteria for projects.
- Knowledge of workflows and project mapping.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Communicate updates and project status effectively and efficiently.