Reporting to the Training Manager, the Training Assistant position will provide administrative support to the training team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Provide regular updates to the training team on Learning Management System quizzes and other trainee activity during class
• Update system with all new information provided by the training team, or through the Notification emails
• Track data for reporting purposes
• Troubleshoot problems through online tutorials or communication with the vendor
• Respond to inquiries, and changes requested by the Provider Relations team
• Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, ordering supplies, preparing class packets, typing up name plates, maintaining class calendar, preparing seating chart, scheduling training classes, ensuring conference room availability (if not the training rooms) & audiovisual set-up (as needed), sending email notifications to guest speakers and trainees, completing minor edits to materials as directed by the training team, ensuring tidiness of the training rooms, and other administrative duties that arise
• Assist trainers with classroom management activities to include: recording attendance (tardiness and absences) at the start of every class and after breaks, and immediately reporting to HR, agency, or Workforce Management team while trainer is conducting the class
• Report technical issues to the Help Desk for prompt resolution
• Assist with system checks in the classroom by guiding trainees to their shadowing destinations on the floor and helping trainers reorganize classroom seating (and updating seating chart)
High School diploma or equivalent
• Good public speaker and at ease moderating large groups, skilled in adult learning, excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
• At least 2 years in instruction, adult learning and/or in educational development and delivery at multiple sites using a full array of methodologies required.
• Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time, for approximately 4 or more hours.
• Ability to use a computer.
• Must be able to move PCs, furniture, and training supplies to set-up classroom, if necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and organizational support to the Training & Development Team in an effort to ensure timely, accurate, and comprehensive training programs to staff.
- Maintain accurate and timely training schedule, based on input from the Training Manager and Senior Training Specialists.
- Provide administrative support to training classes and training team members, including class rosters, attendance sheets, assessments, test logs, evaluations, etc.
- Assist in scheduling of training sessions and individual onsite and offsite training programs, and supporting when necessary, the coordination of training room set-up, audio-visual set-up, supplies and participant notification for training events.
- Participate in process and team meetings in order to identify and recommend changes to training policies and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of training resources and maintenance of Learning and Development resource library to support ongoing professional development of staff.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and update LMS (Learning Management System), including update reporting for training classes, registrations, and any noted trends to training management.
- May create and update policies and procedures, work instructions, and other supporting documents as needed.
- May support the design, development, and distribution of training programs and materials.
- May support Training Specialists to deliver staff training on occasional basis, as needed.
- High School diploma with 2 - 4 years of experience.