• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or 4-6 years of directly related work experience in-lieu of degree
• Master’s degree or relevant certification
Skills and Experience
• At least 5 years of experience operating a large contact center of 250-500 seats preferably in the health care or government operations or similar industry
• At least 7 years of management experience, including management of managers, supervisors and other key staff
• Proven ability to improve contact center operations
• Working knowledge of contact center technology including telephony, workforce management, knowledge management and CRM
• Experience developing and maintaining call forecasts
• Proven ability to successfully lead a diverse workforce consisting of both in-office and remote workers
• Proven ability to develop and manage budget and financial forecasts; meet and exceed goals
• Ability to develops performance goals and objectives for direct reports and monitor the achievement of those goals
• Proven ability to monitor performance against key indicators established internally or by the client
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Excellent people management skills
• Strong client management skills
• Computer literacy in Microsoft programs (Excel, Project, etc.)
Preferred Skills or Knowledge
• WFM, Cisco or similar Telephony Systems, IVR and CRM Technology
• Quality Training and Continuous Process Improvement
• Knowledge of Medicaid and Affordable Care Act (ACA) marketplaces
Bilingual Not Required
This position will act as the Senior Director of Contact Center Operations for the MassHealth Customer Service Project, MAXIMUS Health Services Operations project. This project is operated with call centers in MAXIMUS SOA and Boston offices, this position will be based out of the Boston office. .
The Senior Director of Call Center Operations will perform as a key member of the senior management team and is responsible for meeting the performance and quality requirements for the contact center including call center operations, training, quality, and knowledge management.
1. Directs the day to day operations of the call center ensuring service and quality metrics are met or exceeded
2. Manages the Call Center Training Team, ensuring that new hire and ongoing training represents training and organizational best practices and all contractual requirements are met
3. Maintains an effective quality monitoring program that meets contract requirement, represents industry best practices, provides individual feedback and contributes to a cycle of continuous improvement in the call center
4. Manages the call center to reflect industry best practices and achieves industry certifications such as Call Center of Excellence or others to validate the standard of performance
5. Using organizational and industry best practices oversees the development and maintenance of an annual call forecast that serves as the foundation for staff and training planning
6. Ensures the availability of a robust knowledge management system that has a comprehensive library of all program information, talking points and call center processes, maintains the system in accordance with contract requirements and promotes its use with CSRs as the source of information
7. Develops department performance goals and objectives and monitor achievement of such goals and cascades them to individual team members as appropriate
8. Propose changes in procedures and processes for improvement including a minimum of 4 quality improvement projects per contract year
9. Identifies risks/issues and develops mitigation plans and oversees their execution
10. Supervises the Call Center Management Team and develops the team’s performance in aggregate and individually
11. Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an understanding of the Contact Center processes and policies including the Individual and Small Business Marketplace policies.
- Manage Contact Center Sr. Managers, Managers, Supervisors, and Contact Center Staff.
- Ensure that MAXIMUS is in compliance with all applicable requirements of the contract, state, and federal regulations, and the terms and conditions of the RFP and proposal as related to Contact Center and enrollment functions.
- Collaborate with the Department of Health and MAXIMUS Eligibility and Enrollment staff to ensure open communication, cooperation, and timely issue resolution.
- Oversee quality control and implements any necessary corrective actions to ensure consistent application of all laws, regulations, policies, and procedures pertinent to the Contact Center and enrollment functions.
- Provide final approval in the creation and implementation of innovative methodologies to improve Contact Center operations.
- Develop performance goals and objectives for the Contact Center and monitors the achievement of those goals.
- Coach team, set expectations, conduct performance appraisals and provide career development, corrective action and recognition for assigned staff.
- Analyze weekly/monthly/quarterly statistics.
- Direct and control the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensure budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers.