A Senior Project manager – BI Deployments is responsible for the execution of several simultaneous technology deployment projects in support of Standardized Operations & Analytics – Performance Analytics (SOA PAX) applications in business intelligence and related performance analytics disciplines.
The is a REMOTE position
• Executes project management activities and develops project management artifacts using MAXIMUS PM methodologies
• Ensures that all projects are compliant with business process management standards and best practices
• Is the primary liaison with the business customer to define scope and works with the customer and the business analysts to define functional and nonfunctional requirements
• Develops project scope statements based on business requirements and validates the scope statement with the business customer
• Develops and maintains project plans and tracks against schedule and budget
• Effectively manages risks and issues and escalates as appropriate
• Facilitates communication and interaction among the SOA PAX team including development resources, architecture resources, QA resources and the business and system analyst resources
• Coordinates deployment project tasks across internal organizations such as IT, Telecom, networking, security and privacy
• Supports the project in operationalizing the use of the SOA PAX business intelligence tools and coordinates with other internal stakeholders such as the Operations Analytics team for effective use of the deployed BI solutions
• Transitions projects to the appropriate organization post startup phase when appropriate
• Reports status to the business customer and the SOA PAX director of deployments on a regular basis and to leadership on an as needed basis
• Ensures that project experience and reusable data to improve project management methods in the future are gathered and archived
• Manages the deployment team’s response to unscheduled downtime in compliance with the established communication and escalation protocol
• Provides input to project resource forecasts
• Elicits feedback related to the products deployed on projects and delivers product related feedback to the appropriate product manager
• Provides supports for new business development and bids as needed with milestone schedules and LOE estimates
• Project Management and Project Management Tools
• Agile Methodologies and Agile Software Development Tools
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Customer/Client Focus
• Status Reporting
• Financial Reporting
• Resource Planning
• Requirements Engineering
• Technical Capacity
• Contact Center Operations
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical, business or financial discipline.
• 5 years of project management experience.
• At least 2 years of senior management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree
• 7 years of experience, 5 years at a senior management level.
• Experience in more than one of the following disciplines: healthcare, telephony, consulting, development engineering, finance, operations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Relevant certifications in project management
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Exercise supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may have subordinate supervisors and/or managers.
- Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Require the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a management position in a health or human services related field.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- The ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects.
- Computer literate.
- Preferred qualifications include proven ability establishing and maintaining relationships with community groups, including stakeholder and advocacy organizations.