The Customer Support Center Manager is responsible for coordinating processes by formulating policies, managing staff, daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources administrative services. This position reports to the Program Director. This role is based in Raleigh, NC; however, due to precautions related to COVID-19, this position may be temporarily remote.
1. Oversee customer support center and mailroom functions and staff on a daily basis to ensure that excellent customer service is provided to customers and stakeholders
2. Responsible for identifying and resolving issues, problems, and concerns with employees and client
3. Ensure adequate staffing levels, staff training, and compliance to meet contractual requirements
4. Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals
5. Provide assistance and updates to staff regarding the programs, policies, and procedures
6. Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures
7. Develop individual and team goals and objectives, and monitor achievement of these goals
8. Conduct ongoing audits and review reports to identify areas for improvement
9. Interact with varying levels of external and internal customers
10. Complete reports and metrics for the project and corporate office
11. Ensure the confidentiality and security of all information
12. Perform other duties, as necessary or assigned by the Program Director
• Accountable for meeting all established customer support center goals for the project
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to lead and drive effective customer support center operations
• Ability to work effectively in a “hands-on” management role
• Ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment
• Outstanding work ethic, integrity, and value system
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform all job duties in compliance with Person First standards, HIPAA guidelines, and company confidentiality policies
• Ability to multitask effectively while performing job duties, including ability to prioritize tasks and ensuring all voice mail and email messages are returned expeditiously
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, including ability to use effective diplomacy in dealing with senior business leaders and other business parties
• Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision
• Ability to interact professionally and collegially with referral sources (hospital & nursing home staff, physicians, social service workers, etc.), state contract officers, and coworkers
• Advanced skill with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and publishing software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Visio strongly preferred)
The job requires successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Directly related work experience can be substituted for the required college degree on a year-for-year basis.
The job requires at least three (3) years of experience in call center or similar operations. Experience in managing a large-volume Call Center for a healthcare-related or Medicaid program preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily operations of a contact center team to ensure performance metrics are met.
- Maintain updated knowledge of the Contact Center performance requirements as well as corporate and project policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance and updates to staff regarding these policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the need for training to ensure that staff maintains current knowledge of multiple programs.
- Address inadequate quality issues with Supervisory team in relation to reviews and corrections of calls monitored.
- Monitor performance goals and objectives for the contact center staff and complete daily and weekly reports.
- Provide the Sr. Manager and Director with updates on all issues regarding quality, training, policy, procedures, staff issues and departmental performance levels.
- Monitor contact center compliance with ISO standards.
- Implement necessary corrective actions to ensure consistent application of all laws, regulations, policies, and procedures pertinent to the Contact Center.
- Monitor and evaluate performance, writes performance appraisals and provides corrective actions as needed.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving issues, problems, and concerns with employees.
- Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures and assist in the implementation of process improvements when necessary.
- Provide direction to staff when complaints are escalated to management level.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequent interaction with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that affect immediate organization(s).