The Project Director reports to the Senior Operations Director and has direct profit and loss responsibility for a portfolio of assigned contracts which includes varying lines of Ascend business. The Project Director is accountable for the overall delivery of volume, quality and service level performance targets within their portfolio and plays a key role in facilitating resource sharing within and between portfolios to efficiently meet changes in demand. The Project Director collaborates closely as a key stakeholder of Information Technology and as a key representative of Ascend clients in the areas of application design, development, deployment and maintenance. A proven leader, he or she accomplishes results by effectively managing costs, employees, customer relationships, clinical and administrative workflows, customer support and the implementation of new contracts in the portfolio. At the senior level, the Project Director uses their leadership expertise to supervise and mentor managers under their supervision and other managers in similar roles. The Program Director also leads special projects and initiatives as assigned by the Vice President. This role is based in Raleigh, NC; however, due to precautions related to COVID-19, this position may be temporarily remote.
1. Manages overall operations and performance of assigned contracts including P&L, quality and compliance with all terms and conditions along with preparing and analyzing regular performance reports.
2. Manages all aspects of the customer relationship for assigned contracts ensuring effective and efficient communication along with addressing and resolving customer complaints.
3. Provides leadership and direct supervision to assigned employees, including setting goals, monitoring work performance, coaching and evaluating results to ensure that objectives are met.
4. Manages continual process improvement by monitoring, refining, and optimizing workflow and processes with the goal of continuously improving overall effectiveness (efficiency, productivity, and quality).
5. Creates an entrepreneurial work environment by involvement in developing and hiring superior talent and instilling a culture of accountability, measurability, and discipline without undue bureaucracy.
6. Interprets policies, procedures, and goals of the company for subordinates.
7. Participates in the development and monitoring of the operational budget related to assigned contracts.
8. Works collaboratively and effectively with IT to ensure that product and service applications and technologies are optimized for contract compliance, productivity, and quality performance.
9. Performs other duties, as necessary.
• Maintains primary responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction, resolving compliance issues, and accountability for profit & loss with assigned contracts and lines of business.
• Acts as the primary point of contact for state officials and other outside contacts for the assigned contract.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to lead and manage complex operations and drive continuous improvement
• Ability to work effectively in a “hands-on” management role
• Outstanding work ethic, integrity, and value system
• Excellent analytical and complex reasoning skills
• Ability to effectively formulate and execute detailed operational programs and plans
• Ability to perform all job duties in compliance with Person First standards, HIPAA guidelines, and company confidentiality policies
• Ability to multitask effectively while performing job duties, including ability to prioritize tasks and ensuring all voice mail and email messages are returned within six business hours of receipt
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision
• Outstanding supervisory skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including ability to use effective diplomacy in dealing with senior business leaders and other business parties
• Ability to interact professionally and collegially with referral sources (hospital & nursing home staff, physicians, social service workers, etc.), state contract officers, and coworkers
• Advanced skill with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and publishing software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Visio strongly preferred)
The job requires a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or completion of an accredited nursing program, as well as current licensure (as applicable), depending upon the requirements of the contract. Completion of an accredited MBA program is desirable.
The job requires at least five (5) years of experience managing operations, preferably in healthcare, mental health, or a related field. Successful completion of an accredited MBA program is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, define, and fully align clinical deliverables for global health/wellness coaching (clinical decisions, tools, forms, logic, guidance, and training) with stakeholder expectations and project/business needs, ensuring full clinical calibration between the project and stakeholders.
- Develop/maintain expertise across all clinical deliverables for health coaching line of business and internal mental health program.
- Develop a clinical work plan for health coaching and internal mental health program and ensure the delivery, timely execution and ongoing maintenance of the clinical work plan.
- Serve as the chief clinical SME for all key stakeholders to represent clinical decisions by health coaching business line and contract and internal mental health program.
- Document and maintain clinical logic models by health coaching business line and contract. Ensure ongoing clinical alignment throughout the project.
- Assertively implement feedback loops to address and resolve clinical re-calibration needed for work processes or decision making, to include informing system requirements.
- Represent the needs of a global clinical workforce, especially nurses, to the executive board.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in clinical or related field.
- 12 years related experience required.
- At least five (5) years of medical and/or psychiatric experience, including experience managing and/or collaborating with physicians, guiding clinicians and statistical experience associated with sampling strategies, trending and analysis, and implementation of feedback strategies.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to lead and drive continuous clinical improvement.
- Ability to work effectively in a “hands-on” management role.
- Outstanding work ethic, integrity, and value system.
- Excellent clinical process skills.
- Ability to perform all job duties in compliance with Person First standards, HIPAA guidelines, and company confidentiality policies.
- Ability to analyze large and varied sets of data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to multitask effectively while performing job duties, including ability to prioritize tasks and ensuring professional and timely communication responsiveness.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, including ability to use effective diplomacy in dealing with senior business leaders and other business parties.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, to include requirement for writing articles, white papers, instructional emails, clinical logic models and presentations.
- Ability to interact professionally and collegially with referral sources (hospital & nursing home staff, physicians, social service workers, etc.), state contract officers, and coworkers.
- Advanced skill with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and publishing software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio strongly preferred).
- Professional training and/or certification in a formal quality program (e.g. Six Sigma, Baldrige, CQM) preferred.