As a member of the Strategic Solutions group, the candidate must be able to operate independently and demonstrate experience leading/guiding a team to architect, develop and implement business applications.
The individual must have experience architecting, and managing federal technology and cyber security solutions implementations with working experience across Public / Private cloud platforms, DevSecOps, Microservices, RPA, DataScience . Ideal candidate will have a wide range of experience architecting modern technology solutions, Knowledge of current and emerging Federal standards such as CMMI, ITIL, NIST Risk Management Framework, FISMA and FEDRAMP.
This individual must have Pre-sales experience (Product or Services), Concept selling experience, Shaping solution response. Solution Graphics experience, storytelling experience in RFP response.
• The candidate will provide technical solution support during proposal development process, to include technology stack selection, solution architecture, and implementation methodology
• The candidate may be required to lead and manage a team of senior architects / analysts to engage internal teams to architect solutions, facilitate solutions design and manage implementations
• The candidate will design and develop advanced technology solutions according to federal standards, leveraging state of the art enterprise grade technologies and design best practices that enable a federal agency level scalability and flexibility
• As a Sr. Architect the candidate will be responsible to guide and support RFIs, RFPs and RFQs, response development including writing of whitepapers and concept development
• The candidate will be required to develop and provide presentations and demonstrations of technology solutions to both internal and external stakeholders
• The candidate will be responsible to maintain vendor partnership levels and develop a strong vendor relationship with the technology counterparts
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college or university required. Master’s Degree is highly preferred
• Understanding of current federal solution space and federal government initiatives
• At least ten (10) years of software development experience with at least three (3) years focused on cloud technologies
• At least five (5) years of experience as an architect in building complex, resilient and highly scalable application and platform solutions
• At least five (5) years of recent experience directly guiding and mentoring software development SMEs and providing management of program technical tasks
• Hands on experience with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or one of the other major Cloud providers
• Deep knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
• Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB are preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that meet business needs.
• Technical professional experience building scalable enterprise applications with high availability and reliability. Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute against strategic goals
• Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
• Demonstrated ability to lead the team from the front by stepping in and getting hands on with code to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon
• Experience with C# and/or Java in a Linux / Windows data center environment.
• Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
• Deep knowledge of REST and the Web Services space
• Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
• Proven experience communicating with non-technical business personnel and ability to interact and work in a team environment
• Should have 5+ years of experience using Agile development methodology, and working experience in a DevOps environment is highly desired
• Professional implementation experience should include both project management and solution architecture tasks to include designing, implementing and improving business processes
• Strong have demonstrated skills with analytical problem solving abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills to senior management both internal and external including SMEs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the success of existing business while looking for efficiencies and technology improvements that will lead to margin improvement.
- Lead and motivate an outstanding professional staff, solidify succession plans, and enhance management’s capability to meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Work closely with government customers and key alliance partners to establish an environment where “Best Practices” are developed and continually improved in an effort to obtain prompt resolution to key business issues that are likely to impact quality, service and operations.
- Provide leadership within the project, resulting in effective implementation of business strategies and achievement of quality, profit, growth and other desired objectives.
- Ensure that the client programs assigned meet all contract deliverables and run in the most effective way possible.
- Track and report critical business metrics that provide accurate assessments of all aspects of growth, productivity, strategic effectiveness and financial performance and move aggressively to implement corrective actions when needed to achieve objectives.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups or service areas through senior managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas.
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business.
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the company’s goals.
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters.
- Influences policymaking.
- Reports to VP level.