Manage Contact Center supports the day to day operations of the Maximus Call Center based out of Boston and currently supporting MassHealth and New Hampshire.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and daily oversight to customer service supervisors and representatives.
• Ensure production standards are met for inbound and outbound call handling and that all other work activities assigned are completed timely and accurately.
• Ensure center meets or exceeds contractual quality standards, including during peak call volume, break and lunch times
• Work closely with the training and quality assurance departments to identify and develop new hire, ongoing and ad hoc training modules, to ensure excellent call quality results in the contact center.
• Attend client meetings as required by management.
• Work closely with Workforce Management to schedule training, lunches, breaks, and any ad hoc off-the-phone initiatives for the contact center
• Effectively monitor, evaluate and distribute daily workload using the appropriate EOHHS and MAXIMUS systems, including queue monitoring and other tools.
• Identify escalated call issues that impact the case processing, and advise supervisors and/or CSRs on procedures to resolve issues.
• Assist supervisors in planning the scheduling team/unit CSRs to ensure appropriate phone coverage.
• Track awards, miscellaneous bonuses and information related to production.
• Actively participate in management meetings, updating staff on current initiatives and issues.
• Coordinate, direct, and participate in assisting others, serving as an escalation point for resolution of issues within the department for all customer inquiries.
• Ensure that all MassHealth CST/Call Center maintains productivity and quality assurance goals.
• Prepare and/or review a variety of reports related to team/unit operations and administrative record keeping, including: attendance rosters, bonus evaluations, performance reviews, timesheets, and corrective actions.
• Monitor CSR calls to ensure quality and accuracy of the information provided.
• Maintain company policy through, coaching, counseling and mentoring to all direct reports and CSRs so as to efficiently and effectively perform their duties; educating providers and members about MassHealth claims and eligibility issues, programs and health plans.
• Provide mentoring and leadership to assigned staff, and is the agent for excellent service delivery.
• Evaluate staff on a quarterly basis and write yearly reviews.
• Work with counterpart managers and director to creatively strategize to increase productivity and reduce CSR attrition.
• Assess the impact to the contact center and ensure that information appropriately flows through the communication process so that all contact center staff is updated and informed.
• Provide data and administrative and programmatic decisions for director and other management to be used in reports at client meetings.
• Conduct and schedule individual and group meetings with assigned staff.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by management
Bachelors Degree or 4-6 years of work experience in-lieu of degree
Skills / Knowledge Required: MS Office, CRM, WFM, Call allocation software, supervisory skills, IVR
Skills / Knowledge Preferred: Medicaid or Health Care
Experience Required: 5 to 10 years Call Center and supervisory experience
Experience Preferred: management experience
Abilities: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline and detailed-oriented work environment. Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and to work as a team member, as well as independently
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily operations of a contact center team to ensure performance metrics are met.
- Maintain updated knowledge of the Contact Center performance requirements as well as corporate and project policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance and updates to staff regarding these policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the need for training to ensure that staff maintains current knowledge of multiple programs.
- Address inadequate quality issues with Supervisory team in relation to reviews and corrections of calls monitored.
- Monitor performance goals and objectives for the contact center staff and complete daily and weekly reports.
- Provide the Sr. Manager and Director with updates on all issues regarding quality, training, policy, procedures, staff issues and departmental performance levels.
- Monitor contact center compliance with ISO standards.
- Implement necessary corrective actions to ensure consistent application of all laws, regulations, policies, and procedures pertinent to the Contact Center.
- Monitor and evaluate performance, writes performance appraisals and provides corrective actions as needed.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving issues, problems, and concerns with employees.
- Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures and assist in the implementation of process improvements when necessary.
- Provide direction to staff when complaints are escalated to management level.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develop and administer schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequent interaction with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that affect immediate organization(s).