This position shall manage all special projects, operational improvement plans, and new initiatives of Cover Virginia operations. This position shall be engaged with all areas of daily operations of Cover Virginia to effectively identify and analyze operational impacts. In addition, the position in coordination with Operations Management and the Department will develop strategic project goals, operational efficiencies, and process improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement program wide initiatives.
- Oversee Program Management status.
- Report and communicate plans to client.
- Partner with Finance Director to assess risk.
- Provide leadership, coordination and management of the PMO processes and functions.
- Manage the PMO team to coordinate with senior program leadership to identify strategic process improvement opportunities that are aligned with strategic business objectives.
- Provide supervision to the team that provides program management support functions and administrative support to the program.
- Work closely with IT to verify that proper processes and procedures are utilized across systems.
- Coordinate with Contracts, Finance, Human Capital, Quality, and Security to ensure delivery of integrated projects and programs.
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).