The Health Specialist role is to provide advanced and accurate clinical inquiry responses to health related, disease control and prevention issues, including questions related to bioterrorism, first responders and national emergency situations from medical and other health care professionals, educators, and government agencies.
Position is located in Phoenix AZ, Kansas City and possible remote
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides advanced clinical inquiry responses (verbal and written) to health-related inquiries from consumers, educators or medical/health professionals.
- Provides medical subject matter expertise.
- Performs advanced database searches.
- Composes documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Documents all incoming inquiries.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years of experience.
- Associate degree preferred.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
• Provide advanced clinical inquiry responses (verbal and written) to health related inquiries from consumers, educators and medical/health professionals including State and local health departments and other government offices;
• Provide subject matter expertise on CDC topics covered by CDC–INFO which includes HIV/AIDS, Immunizations, Environmental Health, NIOSH; Tuberculosis and Statistics, to name a few
• Respond to inquiries resulting from current events, such as food outbreaks, natural disasters and other events
• Perform advanced database searches
• Perform assigned work in accordance with quality assurance measures
• Respond to medical personnel and clinicians in both verbal and written formats
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in a health discipline or a clinical license.
• The following licenses are preferred but not required: LPN, R.N., P.A. or M.D.
• English or Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Experience in medical, scientific and public health discipline
• Clinical knowledge of and experienced in CDC related topics
• Proficient internet search skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn and utilize software applications
• Excellent listening, comprehension, communications (verbal and written), problem solving and customer service skills
• Ability to work independently and communicate effectively
• Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks
Remote position requirements
Equipment will be provided but you must have