This position is contingent upon award
•Supervises and coordinates activities of Help Desk Specialists, Coordinators or Technicians
•Identifies, troubleshoots, or resolves information systems problems to minimize down time of applications and personnel
•Assist computer users with hardware and software questions and problems
•This position also fields telephone calls, e-mail messages and other contacts from customers seeking guidance on technical problems
Educations and Experience
•Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree and/or equivalency
•Eight (8) years of progressive experience demonstrating the required proficiency
•CompTIA S+ CE/IAM II: SANS GSLC or equivalent
•Professional (expert preferred) level certification for supported technology
•Tier 3 (T3)
IT Security Designation:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage IT Field Service Staff and IT PC Support Staff in multiple locations.
- Coordinate required systems maintenance with the Office of Information Systems (OIS) staff, vendors and project staff.
- Ensure compliance with corporate security practices/policies for all applications and networks used by line of business staff.
- Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures to increase productivity in consumption of IT services by line of business staff.
- Responsible for building and maintain trusted technology partner relationship with the MAXIMUS line of business leadership.
- Work to fully integrate teams into the Enterprise IT support model and foster cross team support for all areas of MAIXMUS IT, starting with Field Services.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- 5 - 7 years of IT management experience in PC support, help desk, or service desk.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in working with external clients and interfacing with external Client’s management and technical support.
- 2 - 4 years management of remote staff.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in call center centric business.
- 8 - 10 years of experience in managing Windows environment.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft applications (Office, Project, Visio).
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory.
- Experience with Services management.
- Hands-on Cisco Telecom platform knowledge.
- Familiarity with end-to-end system management.
- Familiarity with Software versioning and revision control system network protocols, ports and protective measures. Basic to moderate scripting in one or more common administrative languages (PHP/PERL).
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
- A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA, CCNP, VMWare VCP, ITIL, PMP certifications desired but not required.
- MCSE certification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience writing technical knowledge documents.
- Experience in creating and documenting technical process and procedure documentation.
- Occasional travel as required.
- Works in regular office environment.