This position is contingent upon award
The Data Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the healthcare industry. The Data Engineer must have hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation. Big data experience is a plus. The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of ETL & ELT, data ingestion, data discovery & analysis, data cleansing, data transformation, data visualization, and SQL/data modeling. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to evaluate cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The Data Engineer will play a key role of migrating three enterprise applications into a consolidated application which leverages DevOps, cloud computing, and data lake / big data technologies.
The candidate will
•Perform integration and process of multiple data sources using Python and/or SQL based on needs identified by SME’s
•Provide management and support for data health monitoring and scheduling
•Architect, design, develop, implement, and maintain code, information architecture, and conceptual models to support data processing, and flows thru data lake
•Develop data & metadata policies and procedures
•Review and evaluate database performance, risk and financial analysis feasibility studies
•Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component including platform, business logic, data process logic, or database (SQL and data modeling).
•All other duties as assigned or directed
•At least five (5) years of systems/application analysis & design experience
•At least five (5) years of combined experience of data tools/languages and/or ETL (SQL, Python, Talend, Informatica, or other)
•Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, RDS) including SQL, stored procedures, data modeling
•Excellent knowledge of SQL, complex SQL tuning, and data warehouse best practices
•Preferred experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Conduct data mining processes through examining large data sets/databases, in order to generate new information.
- Identify appropriate decision technology techniques to apply relevant analytic frameworks
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and tracking model performance.
- Apply appropriate statistical analysis and quantitative methods to analyze data and predict future trends.
- Extend company's data with third party sources of information.
- Enhance data collection procedures.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Advanced degree or professional designation preferred.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Work requires considerable judgment and initiative.
- Exert some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.