Sr. Director of Ops reporting to Division VP responsible for the execution of the overall operation of the assigned project(s), overall performance to contract requirements, and MAXIMUS quality and performance. The Project Director will oversee all contract administrative functions including budget, financial controls and human resources.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with representatives of client agencies, stakeholders, and community organizations to promote and develop MAXIMUS services
• Represents MAXIMUS and the project in external meetings and forums
• Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of programs, MAXIMUS services, and project operations
• Oversees the development of proposals and pricing for amendments and new work
• Identifies new business opportunities
• Ensures project compliance with all applicable corporate, contract, state and federal requirements and regulations
• Provides executive management of the project's financial plan and forecast
• Develops performance goals and objectives for direct reports and monitors the achievement of those goals
• Other duties as may be assigned by corporate management
• Possess a Masters’ degree, from an accepted and accredited college or university, in an appropriate field (i.e., MBA, MPA or MHA);
• Have at least six (6) years of management experience in healthcare administration and management;
• Demonstrate leadership ability;
• Have in-depth working knowledge of Managed Care, Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and low income populations; and
• Be knowledgeable of health care, social services, geographic and
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
• Excellent people management skills
• Strong client management skills
• Computer literate and information systems aptitude
• Strong communicator. Advisory, persuasive abilities, coaching and mentoring
• At least six years of experience in a senior management position in a health or human services-related field managing a large staff (250+ FTEs)
• Knowledge of Medicaid or Children’s health care, and/or human services programs preferred. Health and Human Services public sector, outreach experience, program experience, and proven manager of large complex organizations
• Proven ability with operational processes and working with community groups
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategic planning and tactical execution for organizational excellence by directing, communicating, organizing, resourcing, monitoring, performance managing and engaging a talented workforce to facilitate the delivery of customer focused, efficient and continuously improving products and services.
- Build a strong management team and direct assigned staff to ensure the completion of work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Align objectives, measure results, conduct developmental discussion and complete performance reviews.
- Build and execute an operational strategy to deliver a superior client experience while creating capacity for business and people growth, development, continuous improvement, and project compliance with contract operational service level agreements.
- Maintain an understanding of and ensure compliance with MAXIMUS policies, project policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations applicable to programs administered by MAXIMUS.
- Develop, implement, and administer Enrollment and Eligibility and Workforce Management processes and policies to ensure customer satisfaction, improved efficiency and high productivity.
- Collaborate and work closely with clients and leadership team on project specific directives/initiatives.
- Assist in the development of automated solutions to improve efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Leverage technology, continuous improvement and transformational change initiatives to optimize business processes.
- Represent the client experience, within an enterprise context, by serving as a key member of Project leadership team.
- Communicates and collaborate with management, supervisors and staff to identify challenges and opportunities and to develop creative and innovative solutions for operational excellence.
- Provide guidance, direction and development for Operations directors and managers.
- Create an environment for high workforce engagement.
- Coach, set expectations, conduct performance appraisals and provide career development, succession planning, corrective action and recognition for assigned staff.
- Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups or service areas through senior managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas.
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business.
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the company’s goals.
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters.
- Influences policymaking.
- Reports to VP level.