• Responsible for providing human resources support including but not limited to company policies, recruiting, onboarding, providing employment law expertise, and solving employee relations problems: (e.g., investigations, mediations, progressive discipline, employment terminations, etc.).
• Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and works with HR Manager to resolve any issues that may arise.
• Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies.
• Updates and communicates policy and procedures as related to the employee handbook.
• Ensures compliance with EEO and ADA requirements. Oversees and coordinates with Corporate staff on all benefits, and payroll functions
• Partners with staffing agencies on assignment of temporary staff and ensures all processes are completed in compliance with policy and procedures.
• Assists in conducting new hire orientation sessions, ensures all records are prepared; conducts quality assurance of paperwork.
• Manages and completes exit interviews.
• Assists HR Manager with investigations and terminations as needed. Assists with presenting HR training for Supervisors and Managers as needed.
• Extracts, aggregates, pivots, reviews, analyzes and presents Human Resources data in various formats using advanced features of MS Excel, MS Access, Maximus systems applications and other third party software applications for report development.
• Establishes and oversees the yearly performance evaluation system and quarterly bonus plan for the Texas EB project. Generates and analyzes reports in accordance to a set schedule determined and approved by the Human Resources Director.
• Develops, tracks and maintains routine data reports in all areas that impact HR, including but not limited to, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for headcount and attrition.
• Distributes reports and background information to staff and external sources as required.
• Completes ad-hoc reporting as needed.
• Performs others duties as assigned by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity.
- General application of concepts & principles.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects & goals.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
Education Preferred: Specialized areas prefer certifications relevant to the field: PHR certificate
Skills / Knowledge Required: Strong data reporting and analytical skills. Attention to detail. Advanced PC/MS skills; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database reporting software. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Experience Required: 1-3 years of experience in an analytical or quantitative position in an HR-related field. 3 yrs of relevant HR experience.