If you are a passionate Human Capital professional who does whatever it takes to deliver high-quality, operational and managerial services, this position is for you! In this role, you will play a part in advancing the MAXIMUS brand across numerous markets and professional communities. Our leadership team views human capital as an integral part of their own team, and you will find yourself immersed in each department on a daily basis. We are looking for a management professional who will take an enormous amount of pride in his/her work and strategic partnerships.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with our business leaders. Work together to support local operations, hiring of front line staff, and professional development of all staff. Be proactive in identifying operational and managerial needs and provide constructive feedback to staff.
• Recruit for frontline staff, which will require high volume recruiting.
• Think long-term and find ways to lower attrition at the project level. Share best practices with other team members and continue to stay in touch with key stakeholders regarding future opportunities with our growing and expanding business.
• Network to develop and maintain strong working relationships with community organizations and other team members to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
• Engage in the full lifecycle of recruiting (including the scheduling and logistics), ensuring both your candidate and your hiring team are satisfied customers.
• Communicate with staff to provide support in all general human capital matters.
o Bachelor's degree preferred
o Four years of human capital management experience; at least one year of management experience
o Ability to effectively respond to and interact with all levels of the organization
o Ability to build and maintain relationships with the operational manager, as well as with stakeholders
o Negotiation skills to navigate concerns and competing priorities
o Capacity to manage and prioritize projects with superior attention to detail while effectively adapting to changing priorities
o Confidentiality and professionalism
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a key advisor to the VP of Operations and other key members of the VP’s direct staff.
- Participate, as a member of the senior management team, in the development of Project business strategies and goals.
- Translate business strategies and goals into human resources initiatives that ensure that employees have the skill sets and compensation systems necessary to support their implementation.
- Direct recruitment and hiring efforts to ensure compliance with MAXIMUS policies, federal and state laws.
- Direct the Human Resources staff in the performance of their duties, establishment of work priorities, and the implementation of management initiatives.
- Utilize competency-based models to develop, evaluate and compensate Human Resources staff.
- Participate with corporate Human Resources staff, as required, in the development and administration of benefits programs, compensation structures, compliance and reporting functions, performance management, new hire orientation, and employee relations.
- Direct and control the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Report to Senior Director or VP level.