MAXIMUS is looking for an Operations Analyst to make sense of our workforce and performance data using advanced analysis to identify meaningful and actionable insights - advancing performance and promoting a culture of data-driven decision making. In this role you will support government service operations and create data-driven products that help our customers improve their program performance and have measurable impacts on the lives of the beneficiaries we service. This role will work with a team to produce leading analytic practices and solutions that will become part of our core product capabilities. You will research, design, and implement analytical findings to optimize program performance and improve operational processes. In addition, the role will help in applying analysis and data science to related fields and support analyst peers.
Essential Job Duties
• Apply advanced methods to analyze operational data and derive meaningful, actionable insights for stakeholders and business development partners
• Serve as point of contact for data and analytical usage, particularly in the appropriate uses and limitations of statistical and analytical applications
• Attain a high degree of knowledge about MAXIMUS data infrastructure
• Design and develop data queries, cubes, etc. using data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytical products to fulfill ad-hoc data requests
• Analyze extracted data, review for accuracy and look for trends
• Provide insights and analyses around operations and project data
• Participate in the data science product development review process, in particular implementing code review, testing, and data profiling of newly developed products
• Develop and implement metrics, functions, and scripts as KPIs and in existing BI/Dashboards as needed
• Inform operational partners on product performance as well as product usage trends
• Consult with analytical leaders to understand current and future business goals and strategies, and ensure that methods and work products are aligned
• Balance accuracy of analysis with needs for rapid response
• Develop partnerships with technical peers and business partners
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
• BS in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science, Machine Learning (or similar)
• 3-5 years of experience performing quantitative data analysis
• Ability to present data in a simple, clean, concise visual and written manner
• Exposure to machine learning techniques and algorithms
• Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, Python/NumPy, MatLab, etc
• Statistical experience and understanding of distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL and use of relational databases and SQL
• Experience quantifying and prioritizing projects that require heavy data analysis
• Experience working directly with business users and requirements documentation
• A strong passion for empirical research and for answering complex questions with data.
• Experience with government sponsored health care programs and operations desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute analysis – often interrogating data and other information to perform root cause analysis, impact assessments, or to identify key measures and indicators of process performance making recommendations to improve or correct performance.
- Create and manage allied process documentation including business needs statements, business requirements, use case documentation, test plans, report specifications; ensuring all required process documentation is accurate, correctly detailed, maintained and organized in the appropriate repository.
- Design, execute and evaluate test plans to ensure source data are accurately represented in presentation data objects (dashboards/reports).
- Facilitate discussion among process stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) to elicit, analyze, communicate (both written and verbally) and validate requirements, process design, and business intelligence/reporting needs.
- Mentor, train, and provide guidance, background information, and assistance to managers, analysts and other staff on standards and best practices in the following areas: business and operational analysis, and interpretation and effective use of process models, presentation objects and other analysis artifacts.
- Ensure requirements are met and intended benefits are realized through the effective use of data via a range of visualizations (e.g, dashboards, reports), and alerts while instituting standards and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity.
- General application of concepts & principles.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects & goals.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.