Maximus is seeking a Product Owner to support our agile transformation process from project to product solution delivery in our Standardized Operations and Analytics group within our Health and Human Services division. This exciting opportunity will provide insights by leading analytic practices – including defining and designing new and creative advanced analytical solutions – that will become part of our core analytical product solution offerings. The selected candidate will work closely as part of a cross-functional agile product team to identify, define and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights connected to many different areas of our business processes. A Product Owner works with the entire lifecycle of the analytics initiatives (research, design, development, implementation, and validation) using enterprise BI toolsets and cloud-based data as a service backend solutions. This role will also participate in other continual process improvement activities, guide developers, quality analyst, review UI/UX design, scrum management, and work with project clients and internal system stakeholders as needed. The role is fully remote, with limited travel requirements, but travel may be up to 5% time when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the product manager in defining the BI and analytics product vision, goals and strategy and communicate those to stakeholders, including project business owners, clients, development team and other internal system owners.
- Define product features, provide iteration planning and maintain the BI products roadmap and release planning and communicate this continuously with all stakeholders.
- Create and maintain the BI products backlog. Keep the teams backlog up to data by continuously grooming and prioritizing items as part of our agile sprint planning cycle and product strategic vision and roadmap. Coordinate and align with other scrum teams priorities to maximize output value and timely delivery.
- Oversees the actual product delivery throughout the development life cycle. Work with development team/UX designers to refine user stories, optimize and improve processes were needed through continuous iterations and customer feedback loops..
- Understand downstream business systems technology and development roadmaps and work continuously with their product managers/owners to provide requirements which supports our BI product goals.
- Possess the unique ability to bridge the gap between business and technology and work with business partners to identify areas where we can use or improve our analytical product solutions and continuously reach customer satisfaction and evolvement of our product suite
- Ensure product solutions are production ready and meet the defined customer requirement specifications and acceptance criteria and that the solutions can be maintained and deployed via production support methodologies and resources
Bachelor's Degree and 5-7 years related experience required
Each member of our team is fully remote, highly skilled, and has a strong track record of tackling problems independently. We all use many different talents – from analyses, UI/UX design, BI development, and data engineering to product management and from project management to operational handoff – as well as work closely together to create great outcomes for the business. And while many places talk about work life balance, we make sure to balance the workload so our team members can actually create it in their lives – in whatever fashion it means for them personally.
Maximus transforms public policy into programs that change lives at the national, state, and local level. From working with the census, to helping seniors get healthcare, to providing social workers, Maximus helps government to serve the people. We are a leading provider of health and human services worldwide.
We are hiring for a full-time employee with standard benefits available to you and your family including holidays and paid time off, health/dental/vision, employer match on 401(k), and more.
As a federal contractor, Maximus is subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safe Workforce Task Force’s COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors. In light of these requirements, all employees will eventually need to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment and new hires/employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.