Maximus is a global organization that partners with national, state, and local governments to provide critical health and human services. With decades of experience designing, developing and delivering innovative programs and comprehensive solutions, Maximus is driven by a mission to strengthen communities and improve the lives of the people we serve.
About the Conflict-Free Evaluation and Enrollment Center (CFEEC)
The Conflict Free Evaluation and Enrollment Center (CFEEC) serves the State of New York by conducting a UAS assessment to determine eligibility for community based long-term services. The outcome of the assessment informs whether the individual qualifies for in-home services. We are rapidly expanding and have numerous exciting opportunities for Regional Nurse Managers (and other positions!) across the state.
About the Position
If you are passionate about providing outstanding home assessment services to vulnerable populations and meet position qualifications, then we are excited to meet you! We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to grow your leadership skills in a supportive and collaborative work environment. Take the next step in your career journey today and join our growing team!
Home Office Requirements
Cell Phone: Candidates must have their own cell phone
Computer Equipment: Will be provided company-issued computer equipment
Internet: Reliable high-speed internet service with 100 Mbps download speed
1. Supervises the Nurse Evaluators in a designated region to assure quality, productivity, and timeliness of work completion.
2. Oversees the training and development of Nurse Evaluators.
3. Monitor the activities, schedules, productivity, and assessment results of an assigned group of Nurse Evaluators.
4. Reviews clinical documentation for completeness, accuracy and consistency for an assigned group of Nurse Evaluators.
5. Collects QA information from assigned Nurse Evaluators.
6. Disseminates policy, protocol change, and ensures implementation across the team.
7. Leads regular team meetings and acts as the point-person for the region of Nurse Evaluators.
8. Conducts scheduled and random assessment supervision visits to ensure customer satisfaction through the observation of the Nurse Evaluator’s interaction and communication with consumers as well as the application of the UAS-NY assessment tool.
9. Promotes project image and goals through public speaking engagements and local professional presentations
10. Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position
11. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Nurse Director
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required
Master's degree in a health, social services, or communications field from an accredited college or university preferred
At least four (4) years of RN experience in medical/surgical/geriatric/LTC/ambulatory care
At least five (5) years of experience working in community settings involving health and human services
Highly developed written and oral communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work in a stressful and changing environment
Ability to work with community groups
Knowledge of long term care services and programs preferred
RN license is required.