Maximus is a global organization that partners with national, state and local governments to provide critical health and human services. With decades of experience designing, developing, and delivering innovative programs and comprehensive solutions, Maximus is driven by a mission to strengthen communities and improve the lives of the people we serve.
About the Position
Maximus administers the Independent Practitioner Panel, which completes assessment reviews and issues practitioner orders for New Yorkers who qualify for long-term in-home care. This is an exciting new program that directly contributes to positive long-term health outcomes for vulnerable populations in New York State.
We're currently hiring for the program's Clinical Operations Director. In this position, you'll build and lead the Clinical Operations Department (composed of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants), with the support of collaborative colleagues and staff. If you have in-depth knowledge of clinical operations in a business and service delivery environment and meet position qualifications, then we are excited to meet you!
We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to grow in a supportive and collaborative work environment. Take the next step in your career journey today and join our growing team!
Home Office Requirements
The purpose of this position is to provide clinical leadership for the statewide Independent Practitioner Panel that issues physician orders for individuals who have undergone a Community Health Assessment and are eligible for community based long term care services and supports. The incumbent will oversee the Clinical Managers and their teams of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistant teams. These teams review the completed Community Health Assessment tool in the NYS Uniform Assessment, which are used to determine long-term in-home care for geriatric and disabled individuals. The incumbent will directly supervise the Clinical Managers, develop and update internal policy and provide general program leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Medical Senior Director with the day-to-day running of the core functional areas to ensure compliance with the prime contract, all subsequent amendments, program business rules, as well as state and federal regulations
- Assist in the creation and implementation of innovative methodologies, process improvements and corrective action plans to continually streamline and improve project operations, outcomes and quality
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly reports for performance measurement and efficiencies
- Collaborate with project and executive management to establish strategic plans, objectives, initiatives, and work plans
- Identify opportunities for improvement and leads the development of projects to improve assessment outcomes
- Develop clinical protocols for the Independent Practitioner Panel based on DOH regulations and best practices
- Chair the Quality Advisory Committee which suggests and evaluates best practice recommendations.
- Develop policies and procedures related to care, in accordance with state and federal requirements
- Participate in the training and education of staff, and reviews assessments with clinicians to improve assessment outcomes.
- Assist with clinical recruitment and training of Medical Doctors, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Provide direction and guidance to Physical Panel (PP) staff, individually and in teams, to achieve quality assurance goals
- Collaborate with the Medical Project Director to achieve dispute resolution
- Directly supervise and manage key Project staff as determined by the Medical Project Director
- Create and develop a functional, motivated, and cohesive project team
- Work with Project and executive management to develop, monitor and revise performance goals and objectives for the project and staff. Monitor achievement of those goals
- Provide direction to team members and resolves problems in a timely and professional manner
- Develop, modify and execute project policies, ensuring all project team members are in compliance
- Meet all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Management
- Master’s Degree from a Nurse Practitioner Program required
- Five (5) years of management experience, ten (10) years of clinical experience required
- Project Management experience and experience working with adult and geriatric populations preferred
- Proven leadership ability; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; ability to work as a team member, as well as independently; working knowledge of commonly used technological systems (email, word processing, etc.); ability to lead a dynamic group in a fast-paced and hands-on environment
- NY State Board Certified Nurse Practitioner required
- Specialties in Adult Health, Community Health, Family Practice, Geriatrics, Psychiatry preferred