Maximus is a global organization that partners with national, state, and local governments to provide critical health and human services. With decades of experience designing, developing and delivering innovative programs and comprehensive solutions, Maximus is driven by a mission to strengthen communities and improve the lives of the people we serve.
About the Position
Maximus administers the Independent Practitioner Panel, which completes assessment reviews and issues practitioner orders for New Yorkers who qualify for long-term in-home care. This is an exciting new program that directly contributes to positive long-term outcomes for vulnerable populations in New York State.
We have numerous open positions for Clinical Operations Managers. If you are a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant looking to advance your career, this leadership position may be ideal for you. You’ll have the opportunity to lead and support medical professionals who ensure that some of New York State’s most vulnerable populations receive relevant, timely and quality healthcare services. You’ll grow professionally as you deepen your leadership and management skills in a hands-on, collaborative, and dynamic work environment.
If you have a passion for bringing together and leading winning teams, then we're looking forward to meeting you!
We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to grow in a supportive and collaborative work environment. Take the next step in your career journey today and join our growing team!
Home Office Requirements
These positions will support regional areas of New York State. Work location is remote.
The Clinical Manager oversees a team of Physician Assistants / Nurse Practitioners. The Clinical Manager ensures their units' adherence to state and contractual requirements and provides continuous training, support and guidance to their unit staff who conduct medical reviews with consumers seeking community-based long-term care. The Clinical Manager produces reports around productivity, emergent issues, etc. and works with collaboratively with the Sr. Clinical Manager to address issues or identify training needs. This position participates in recruiting activities for their assigned unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise a designated cohort of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Responsible for the training and development of unit staff
- Monitor the activities, schedules, productivity and work product results of the assigned unit
- Review clinical documentation including pending denials for each assigned staff member in real-time
- Collect QA information from assigned staff
- Disseminate policy, protocol change, and ensure implementation
- Lead regular team meetings and act as the point-person for assigned staff
- Conduct scheduled and random post-assessment home visits to ensure customer satisfaction
- Promote project image and goals through public speaking engagements and local professional presentations
- Meet all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Management
- Master’s Degree from a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) Program required
- NYS Licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Required
- Preferred Specialties for Nurse Practitioners: Internal Medicine, Adult Health, Community Health, Family Practice, Psychiatry
- Five (5) years of related experience practicing as a NP or PA with at least three (3) years of leadership or management experience required
- Strong leadership skills; excellent communication skills and ability to communicate successfully with all members inside and outside of the organization; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products; able to adapt to and integrate new technology; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Knowledge of long-term care services and programs preferred
- Preferred –Bilingual in Spanish, Russian, Haitian-Creole, Chinese, Korean, Bengali
- Willingness to travel required; NY State Driver’s License required; vehicle may be required, depending on region