As a federal contractor, Maximus is subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safe Workforce Task Force’s COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors. In light of these requirements, all employees will eventually need to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment and new hires/employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
The Sr. Engineer – Data Analytics QA contributes to the successful delivery of business intelligence information to the entire organization. They have an advanced understanding of QA best practice and how to apply it to BI and data science testing and implementation. With an emphasis on effective collaboration, they contribute to assessment of business requirements, collection and identification of technical specifications, and subsequent execution and maintenance of project related Test cases and Test plans. They utilize and refine a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and integrate industry standards into the QA processes. They have theoretical and practical knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) activities specific to testing data integration and analytics. They are expected to apply judgment and initiative in carrying out assigned tasks. In addition, they work collaboratively with Engineers and development teams according to standards and best practices for BI and data science solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create test plans for various high-complexity analytical products and solutions, often for large and high-risk projects.
- Write and Execute Test Cases.
- Collaborate with product owners, business analysts, data analysts and developers to refine user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Create repeatable testing processes and solutions in support of testing automation.
- Collaborate with other organizations to plan and execute e2e solution testing.
- Document test results and defect reproduction steps.
- Plan and execute security and performance testing.
- Constantly analyze and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of QA testing standards, best practices and processes within all areas of SOA PAX.
- Provide guidance and sometimes tasking to other QA Engineers, conduct QA reviews, and build the QA function within the Performance Analytics organization.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of related QA experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a testing role supporting BI and data science efforts.
- 3+ years of experience in database testing and tools including at least 2 years testing ETL/ELT data solutions.
- 3+ years of designing and executing test cases for BI and data science solutions, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- 2+ years of experience in report and dashboard testing within an enterprise analytics tool (Tableau, Microstrategy, PowerBI, etc.).
- Data testing skills, including queries, expertise in a variety of approaches (e.g., relational, dimensional, unstructured).
- Strong relationship management skills; able to interface effectively with all organizational levels: users, team members, and management.
- Proven track record of successfully testing large data-centric projects.
- Flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Defect writing and verification skills.
- Test execution and maintenance skills.
- Defect management using Jira (or similar tool).
- Ability to review and understand complex technical documentation.
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.