Maximus is a global organization that partners with national, state, and local governments to provide critical health and human services. With decades of experience designing, developing and delivering innovative programs and comprehensive solutions, Maximus is driven by a mission to strengthen communities and improve the lives of the people we serve.
About the Conflict-Free Evaluation and Enrollment Center (CFEEC)
The Conflict-Free Evaluation and Enrollment Center (CFEEC) serves the State of New York by conducting a UAS assessment to determine eligibility for community-based long-term services. The outcome of the assessment informs whether the individual qualifies for in-home services. We are rapidly expanding and have great opportunities across the state!
About the Position
We have numerous exciting opportunities for Quality Assurance Nurses. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for reviewing assessments to ensure accuracy and consistency. We're looking for people who are detail oriented and have excellent communication skills.
We offer competitive benefits and growth opportunities in a supportive and collaborative work environment. Take the next step in your career journey today and join our growing team!
Required Education: New York State RN License and Bachelor’s Degree required
Required Experience 2+ years RN experience in medical / surgical / geriatric / LTC / ambulatory care
Preferred Experience 2+ years previous work experience in Quality and Risk Management in a hospital setting conducting peer reviews
1. Collaborate with the Nurse Director to develop an effective quality monitoring program
2. Provide QA training to the Nurse Assessors, RN Monitors, and the QA staff in order that quality actions are incorporated into their daily practice
3. Collect data related to assessments and assessment outcomes
4. Examine cases at random for completeness, accuracy and consistency
5. Examines data for outliers and researches such cases
6. Analyze UAS recommended scores in relation to Nurse Assessor determinations
7. Develops / completes reports that track and trend activities / outcomes
8. Acts as an advisor to UAS staff on all QA and Compliance issues related to the UAS project.
9. Attend Fair Hearing cases and prepare case packets, as required
10. Frequent travel is required
11. Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position
12. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Nurse Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply knowledge of QMS processes and document control to meet the compliance of ISO 9001 business needs.
- Ensure activities and processes comply with ISO 9001 QMS standards, company QA standards and applicable contractual standards.
- Perform analysis and identify trends in the review of performance standards, work instructions, and policies and procedures; and recommend Opportunities for Improvement and Corrective and Preventative Action plans when necessary.
- Ensure that established performance standards, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed.
- Train staff for the purpose of achieving and maintaining Quality Assurance goals.
- Coordinate and perform ISO based internal audits.
- Develop and maintain reports based on audit findings.
- Develop and implement corrective and preventive action plans based on audit findings.
- Develop other routine and ad-hoc reports when necessary.
- Develop updates and maintain quality manuals, and policies and procedures manuals.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity.
- General application of concepts & principles.
- Contribute to the completion of organizational projects & goals.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Apply knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Communicate on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.