Maximus is a global organization that partners with national, state, and local governments to provide critical health and human services. With decades of experience designing, developing and delivering innovative programs and comprehensive solutions, Maximus is driven by a mission to strengthen communities and improve the lives of the people we serve.
About New York Medicaid Choice
New York Medicaid Choice (NYMC) has served the State of New York and New York residents since 1998 by providing education, outreach and enrollment services to help residents with Medicaid select and enroll in a health plan of their choice. We're proud that over the past twenty years NYMC has grown and expanded across the state. To date, we have helped millions of New Yorkers access the health services that best fit their needs. We're proud to meet our mission of Helping Government Serve the People through this program.
About the Position
If you're looking for more than a job and want to grow in the healthcare industry, then this is the position for you. We're hiring a Customer Service Representative II for Canandaigua County. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about helping their community, interested in learning, and taking part in public health services, and is growth-oriented. This position provides face-to-face, telephonic, and possibly virtual enrollment and outreach services to New York Medicaid recipients. This is a position with growth opportunity in a supportive work environment. If you thrive in an independent position where you can make a positive impact on the lives of others, then this is the place for you.
This position is office-based in Canandaigua County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct one-on-one and group outreach presentations to recipients and community members.
- Present program education and enrollment options to recipients.
- Present managed care options to recipients and assist them in using their health care and dental plans.
- Maintain positive relationships with county staff, state agencies, community groups and recipients.
- Complete direct data entry into designated internal automated systems in accordance with project policies and procedures.
- Conduct outreach including phone calls, home visits and community presentations in the field in accordance with project policy and procedures (75% of the time).
- Establish and maintain knowledge of community and participates in community events, health fairs, and other activities as needed.
- Assist other Outreach Counselors and other team members with management and completion of daily duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 6 months - 2 years of experience.