The Technician 2 - Field Services is responsible for resolving all technical issues for all end points for their dedicated location. Technician 2's are the subject matter experts and have an in-depth knowledge of each project's specific applications to maintain project operations. They are responsible for meeting and/or exceeding defined performance metrics, fulfilling service requests, resolving incidents related to end user systems, and maintaining access to mission critical systems within the defined SLA.
• Works in liaison with Maximus IT and vendors to provide hands-on/on-site support, testing and troubleshooting assistance for network equipment and cabling and other related systems/equipment at all locations in assigned region. This includes working with other IT departments and vendors to resolve technical issues or implement new technologies for different lines of business
• Provides Tier 2 Level support for request that cannot be resolved remotely where on-site hands-on inspection and remediation is required
• Become the subject matter expert for various software applications and end point configurations for the business
• Provide Windows / Mac / Linux OS support by evaluating and troubleshooting issues including running in-depth diagnostics
• Provide written updates for problem resolution in ticketing system, knowledge bases, troubleshooting manual and or job aids
• Escort vendors inside the data rooms and ensure changes, maintenance is documented, and all safety precautions have been followed
• Serve as technical liaison between program staff and IT
• Perform technology upgrades and refreshes
• Participate in support activities for virtual or in-person projects focused on assisting the transition of newly trained staff into production
• Manage and maintain onsite IT equipment by receiving, inventorying, imaging and deploying IT assets
• High School Diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of relevant experience
Preferred Experience and Abilities:
• Comply with all company required policies, procedures and processes including but not limited to required training.
• Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite, and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a medium-size business environment.
• Availability to respond to the needs of internal stakeholders.
• Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
• Ability to obtain a 6C Clearance.
• Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
• Ability to lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
• Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
• Ability to work in an office environment
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate substantial understanding of technical tactics by using a variety of internal and external sources to repair the operational deficiency.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Resolve more complex technical issues submitted by less-experienced technicians.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.