Maximus is a global organization that partners with national, state, and local governments to provide critical health and human services. With decades of experience designing, developing, and delivering innovative programs and comprehensive solutions, Maximus is driven by a mission to strengthen communities and improve the lives of the people we serve.
About New York Medicaid Choice
Maximus New York is currently looking for an experienced Editor/Writer to support its New York Medicaid Choice (NYMC) project in New York, NY. NYMC was established in 1998 to support New Yorkers in selecting and enrolling in a health plan of their choice.
About the Position
The Editor/Writer provides editing, writing, and production support for a high-volume, multi-track content development calendar with rigorous internal and client review and approval requirements. This is a great opportunity for someone with exceptional editorial skills who wants to grow in experience and responsibility within a terrific organization.
The Editor/Writer is responsible for supporting the NYMC project with the creation of consumer-facing and internal content, including educational and procedural materials, letters, brochures, and newsletters. In this position, you will:
What You'll Bring
The ideal candidate will have:
Please submit a cover letter and writing along with your application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the creation of a range of consumer-facing and internal content, including educational and procedural material, letters, brochures, notices, charts, and newsletters.
- Deliver high-level writing and editing that meets the standards of clarity, organization, and impact of Maximus content.
- Copyedit and proofread print and online content for style, grammar, punctuation, consistency, accuracy, and sensitivity.
- Collaborate with communications staff to move content through multiple stages of editorial development, review/approval, and production.
- Work closely with communications and program staff and outside vendors to maintain high quality and consistency of content.
- Verify facts, dates, or data using reference sources.
- Provide quality assurance for written materials as assigned.
- May assist with development and review of QA reports as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently within tight timeframes and with the utmost attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral communication skills.
- Performs well independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong project management, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience writing and editing short- and longer-form expository content, procedural content, and promotional content.
- Experience in the application of AP style guidelines required