Pay and Benefits:
*This position is On-Site - NOT Remote
The Mail Room Clerk is responsible for opening, sorting, and prepping all incoming mail for image scanning and the storage and purging of these documents.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Background & Experience Required:
Please Refer to the Maximus New York Job Description Above
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process the incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain updated knowledge of project and corporate policies and procedures as referenced in the employee manual and other desk procedures for the position.
- Receive sort and opens mail.
- Prepare mail, such as applications, returned mail and verification documents for scanning.
- Print documents such as appeals, MI, Immigration for out bound mailing and prep and scan.
- Create batches to prepare for transition to document scanning, including using appropriate separator sheets. Image documents using scanners. Store documents after scanning in controlled secure storage room.
- Operate mailroom equipment including letter opener, sorter, shredder, postage meter, imaging/scanning equipment, etc.
- Ensure mailroom and scanning equipment are maintained according to schedule and in good operating order and notify the Operations Manager of any equipment problems or failures immediately upon identification.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 0-2 years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, with responsibilities easily learned on the job.
- Acquires job skills and learns applicable policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Able to read, understand & perform assignments within prescribed guidelines.
- Communicates routine information in a clear and accurate way with internal & external contacts.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.