Responsible for providing human resources support including but not limited to company policies, recruiting, onboarding, providing employment law expertise, and solving employee relations problems: (e.g., investigations, mediations, progressive discipline, employment terminations, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing human resources support including but not limited to company policies, recruiting, onboarding, providing employment law expertise, and solving employee relations problems such as investigations, mediations, progressive discipline, employment terminations, etc.
- Track performance ratings and compile HR-related statistics for assigned group(s).
- Update employee records with changes and/or corrections in employment status, including salary, position information, scheduled hours, and personal information.
- Assist hiring managers in choosing appropriate company jobs to best suit business needs; draft or edit new job descriptions as need arises.
- Collaborate with Recruiting team throughout the recruitment process; serve as intermediary between Recruiting and hiring manager.
- Communicate effectively with other Human Resources teams and departments as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required; equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- 3-5 years of related professional experience required.
The Human Resources Generalist supports a positive employee experience, providing guidance to both staff and project management. The HR Generalist is an HR subject matter expert, having sound knowledge in company and local programs, processes and policies. They are committed to collaboration with the HR team and the programs and staff they support. The HR Specialist is approachable, adaptable to changing priorities and business needs and is solution oriented.
Preferred: Mediation, conflict-management skills; training development and delivery skills
CERTIFICATIONS: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday position
Travel: Limited travel in NY state (less than 5%) on an as-needed basis
Work Location: Hybrid position; combination of in-office (lower Manhattan) and remote WFH
Equipment: Staff member will be issued a company-provided laptop. Staff member must supply their own high speed, reliable internet access. Staff member must supply their own cell phone
#NYIAIPP #MonsterNYIA #HumanResourcesGeneralist #HumanResourcesManager #HumanResourcesAssistant #HRDirector #HRManager #HumanResourceInformationSpecialist #VicePresidentHumanResources #EmployeeRelationsManager #StaffingManager