Maximus Federal is currently seeking a strong technical developer to assist with end to end ServiceNow implementations, technical teams and successful delivery of the project. Should have clear understanding of ITSM and ITIL processes and applying those processes on ServiceNow platform. This includes ServiceNow platform customization, implementation, configuring workflows, process automations, system notifications and maintenance and configuration. The lead is required to coordinate with technical teams, internal and external stakeholders, and present use cases and provide expert guidance on implementing the solution.
The developer must demonstrate a willingness to learn new offerings from ServiceNow and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The developer will provide design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional software development team.
Position can be located in Falls Church, VA and/or remote.
•Meet with stakeholders to understand requirements, perform gap-analysis, determine design and identify appropriate deployment strategy.
•Perform gap analysis with ITSM and ITIL process, product capabilities and business requirements to provide a comprehensive solution
•Configure and customize ServiceNow application/solution that includes screen designs, workflow configuration, reports, data imports, integration with third party software, and custom application development as per business requirements and expectations using out-of-box features
•Provide administration, application development, maintenance, and technical support by using product best practices and techniques to configure robust solutions.
•Follow best practices and continuous improvement process to identify future upgrade issues and design considerations
•Periodically update and maintain a comprehensive testing protocol for ServiceNow instance upgrades with the purpose of certifying all applications for use after the upgrade completes
•Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
•Develop, maintain, and execute reports to ensure system operation meets performance targets.
•Create and maintain system design and operations documentation.
•Complete other duties as assigned
•Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required
•At least (3) three to (5) five years of IT experience
•3+ years in ServiceNow configuration and development experience with ITSM, CSM and/or equivalent
•Support, perform and troubleshoot deployment issues.
•Review the existing documentation and document technical specifications.
•Perform maintenance on existing software products and contribute knowledge of business applications.
•Contribute as necessary to the development of all project artifacts throughout the system development life cycle.
•ServiceNow Implementation certification and ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) certification
•Deep functional and technical knowledge of the ServiceNow configuration and implementation
•Functional knowledge and implementation experience of IT Service Management (ITSM) frameworks and demonstrated project management skills and experience working directly with customers and clients
•Expert knowledge of ServiceNow performance, availability monitoring, and analysis as well as configuration management
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
•Ability to obtain and maintain public trust security clearance
•Must be a US Citizen
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtain and license software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and testing and approving products.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- General application of concepts and principles.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.