Software development-focused Senior Project Manager overseeing the implementation of the enterprise Provider module for the State of Ohio Medicaid program. The qualified candidate must have software development project management experience (preferably in a web development framework using ASP.Net and a Web Services middle tier). This will be in a hybrid DevOps environment. Experience leading cloud-based deployments is needed (AWS is preferred, but experience in any cloud environment is fine).
The Senior Project Manager – Software Development will be responsible for working with multiple vendors and State of Ohio clients and needs to have a software development background. While you’re not expected to be the technical expert, you do need to understand our solution well enough to have technical conversations with our developers to understand the challenges they face. You’ll need to be able to understand the technical complexities of our solution to have conversations with our client.
Change management is critical to being successful in this role.
We’re delivering a platform to the client, which will be configured for them, but is not fully customizable. So understanding when a change request can be accommodated is important, as is having the conversation with the client about what is feasible and what is not.
Strong communication skills are critical to success in this role. This position will be onsite in the Columbus, Ohio metropolitan area once social distancing restrictions are lifted and there will be regular meetings with the client in downtown Columbus. This position may be staffed remote to start, but the chosen candidate must either live in the metropolitan Columbus, Ohio area, or be open to relocation to the market to be onsite as soon as social distancing restrictions are removed (likely sometime around the summer of 2021).
• 5+ years of software development project management experience, preferably in a government agency or with a company delivering solutions to state or federal government agencies.
• Previous experience delivering software solutions within the Medicaid space is required.
• PMP certification is required.
• Previous software development project management using ASP.Net front-end and Web Services middle-tier will be important to this person’s success, though experience in other front-end and middle-tier tools is fine.
• Experience with database technologies.
• Project management overseeing deployment in the cloud is required (AWS preferred).
• Experience in a variety of PM methodologies with a particular focus on Agile methodologies.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Previous experience as a software developer / engineer is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all aspects of daily operations for a program, including staffing, performance monitoring, quality assurance oversight, training, subcontractor management, auditing and compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Ensure project compliance with all applicable requirements of the contract, state and federal regulations as well as corporate policies.
- Manage direct reports and the cost- effective operation of all project tasks.
- Manage subcontractors that provide services to program.
- Manage audits of operations.
- Collaborate with other Managers to ensure effective coordination of activities.
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures in collaboration with other key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintains effective relationships with clients and other external entities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of innovative methodologies to improve service levels and overall operational efficiency.
- Manage the project's quality assurance and training programs as well as corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Monitor performance against key indicators established internally or by the clients.
- Develop solutions to issues or complex problems.
- Develop performance goals and objectives for staff, and monitors achievement of those goals.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may have subordinate supervisors and/or managers.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.