The Business Analyst (BA) assists with defining, analyzing and documenting business requirements for one or more Maximus solutions. The BA will work directly with the business analyst manager, other business analysts, product managers and software developers to identify business rules, use cases and expected behavior for new product functionality, and form those rules into user stories and other technical documentation. The successful candidate will bring experience in technical business analysis, requirements management and technical documentation. The BA will assist in the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and assist in managing a project’s scope and the software acceptance process.
• Capability to write User Stories and Use Cases
• Led customer requirements sessions, either elicitation or validation
• Created or understand RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix)
• Prepared work flows or diagrams, could be process flows or other business process diagrams
• Worked with various types of requirements (Functional, Non-Functional, User, System)
• Participate in discovery sessions between product managers, software developers and UX designers to help design and build innovative software solutions to complex healthcare business problems.
• Gather business requirements and break them down into relevant, accurate and detailed functional requirements and user stories.
• Participate in technical design meetings between architects and developers to help gather and document their technical solutions to the business problems for which you are defining requirements.
• Participate in status meetings with business stakeholders and product management.
• Participate in backlog grooming sessions to help define new functionality, enhancement requests and software fixes, as well as to answer questions from software developers, architects, and QA analysts so they can accurately estimate
• Work closely with the business analyst manager, product manager and development manager to help create and shape release plans.
• Review unit tests and quality assurance test cases to ensure they cover all of the relevant business scenarios.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated self-starter and creative thinker who can handle a considerable amount of unstructured, real world data and be comfortable thinking about solving problems using new and novel approaches.
Ability to document business, market or product requirements and create functional design specifications.
Ability to provide critical thinking skills to propose solutions and think strategically.
Ability to occasionally create wireframes and process flow charts utilizing tools such as Visio.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable with speaking in front of a wide variety of technical and business stakeholder audiences.
Basic understanding of software development, relational data models.
Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Excellent time management skills.
2-3 years of hands-on experience in a business analyst role or equivalent position.
2-3 years of experience working in any software development and/or product development role.
Healthcare experience preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver results after thorough research of functional needs by collaborating and communicating with various stakeholders, both internal and external to the company.
- Apply strong analytical reasoning to understand end user's requirements and transforms them into operational application.
- Acquire deep knowledge of working systems and bring efficient and effective changes for better performance.
- Participate in the administration of project and program contract activities.
- Extract, analyze, and report data to support program activity and assist in management decision making.
- Audit, evaluate, track, and report program implementation and project activity for Quality Assurance and contract compliance purposes.
- Plan, implement and maintain program and contractual changes .
- Work closely with operations and systems staff to define requirements, test criteria, and success factors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity.
- General application of concepts & principles.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects & goals.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.