We are seeking a Sr. Informatica Developer to join our team supporting an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client.
The Sr. Informatica Developer will be responsible for the development of ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) code. The candidate will collaborate with IRS teams to design and develop ETL code to load large amounts of data from other IRS internal data sources.
•Design/Develop ETL Interface using Informatica tool. In addition, implement an Informatica based ETL solution fulfilling stringent performance requirements.
•Develop/Implement the coding of Informatica mappings for different stages of ETL. Move staging table to the target table.
•Design, code, unit test ETL packages, triggers, and stored procedures, views, SQL transactions
•Understand and comply with development standards and SDLC to ensure consistency across the project.
•Design and develop Informatica PowerCenter mappings including transformations, mappings, mapplets, workflows, workflow monitor
•Utilize Informatica repository manager, designer, workflow manager & workflow monitor, to manage and administer ETL jobs
•Design, schedule, execute and monitor ETL jobs, including necessary exception handling & balance and control measures
•Perform troubleshooting, debugging, and performance tuning
•Create, test and refine SQL queries to support data profiling and data management
•Support installation, upgrades, and testing of Informatica components.
•Perform data profiling, data standardization, data transformations, data loads.
•Perform detailed data profiling and end-to-end data management analysis to understand data issues, and to identify potential options to resolve issues.
•Support phases of the project lifecycle including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, support, and documentation
•Analyze, document and define data management processes, both batch and real-time.
•Evaluate data management and data governance practices to provide options and recommendations.
•Create clear deliverable materials for a range of recipients including technical teams, business teams, project leads and executives.
Location of work is remote in US. Candidates will ideally be within driving distance to IRS Federal Buildings in Austin, TX, Farmers Branch, TX or Lanham, MD. Local candidates may attend meetings occasionally at the IRS facility.
*Positions are contingent on funding.
Project Specific Qualifications:
•Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field from an accredited college or university required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
•At least five (5) years of relevant experience required
•Experience with Informatica Power Center
•Advanced experience with Informatica Power Exchange, Control-M
•Strong experience with ETL development and process from diverse data sources
•Experience with data modeling concepts
•Experience in development, maintenance, and enhancement of Informatica Mappings, Work-flows, and processes
•Good verbal and written communication skills
•Ability to interface with all levels of management
•Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance
•Excellent time management, scheduling and organizational skills
•Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
•Preferred experience: Knowledge of IRS business systems and data
Additional requirements as per Contract/Client:
•Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus).
•Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for at least three (3) years, and Federal Tax compliant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of software solutions that will meet or exceed business requirements; the development effort includes designing and implementing modules to the system specifications, conducting unit testing, troubleshooting issues and producing detailed proposals to resolve issues.
- May evaluate new coding techniques, tools, modules, and implementation as appropriate.
- Lead and mentor entry and mid-level developers.
- Consult on requirements elicitation and definition.
- Design software solutions per systems requirements.
- Code software solutions per designs.
- Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules.
- Assist other developers in resolving issues by providing guidance and training.
- Support testing and remediate defects.
- Support users through troubleshooting and analysis of production logs and data.
- Investigate new solutions, tools, products, and techniques to incorporate into coding standards.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5-7 years of related experience required.
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Professional Job Profile.