Maximus is currently looking for a Correspondence Specialist to support the CDC Info program. Correspondence Specialist researches and prepares written responses following CDC procedures and guidelines utilizing scripts. Highly desirable to have prior experience in health communication, or health education, or medical background.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Perform repetitive clerical steps such as document verification, manage inbound and outbound routine calls, and greeting guests.
- Perform entry-level clerical duties requiring general knowledge and the application of various work methods and procedures.
- Provide administrative support to project and operations management, which may include identifying, anticipating, and meetings needs of all departments.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 1-3 years of experience.
- May have training or education in area of specialization.
• Research and prepare written responses following CDC procedures and guidelines utilizing scripts.
• Ability to effectively work within established contractual turnaround times
• Draft Email responses using approved content
• Respond to requests from physicians, health care facilities, and the public about the treatment and management of individuals potentially exposed to hazardous substances
• Maintain awareness of current developments in the field of public health
• Use initiative and judgment in applying pertinent guidelines or in the development of new policy
• Appropriately escalate email to Level 3 as necessary
• Review and prepare outgoing responses and as necessary
• Assist management in the direction of the multi-functional activities of the department, meeting internal and contractual commitments, assuring quality of process and direction of resources
• May be required to work off-shift (nights, weekends, and holidays) as necessary
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma with 1-3 years of related experience. May have training or education in area of specialization
• Prior experience in health communication, health education and/or medical background preferred
• Proven written communication skills
• Proven oral communication skills
• Competency in using desktop and database systems to retrieve accurate information
• Understanding of public health issues, CDC health partners and/or public health mission
customer service experience
• Excellent organizational skills
• Work in a team environment
• Attention to detail
Remote Position Requirements:
- Desktop or Laptop Computer
- Private and Secure workspace from home
- Wired internet connection with minimum download speed of 25 mbps and minimum upload speed of 10mbps (No Hotspots or Wifi)
- Wired USB headset