Maximus is searching for an AWS Cloud Architect with Kubernetes subject matter expertise with hands on experience managing, deploying and maintaining Kubernetes Clusters in AWS.
The qualified candidate will work with customers and other operations team engineers in automation and Security to architect containerization based solutions and improve reliability. Must be able and willing to document their processes using agile methodologies. In addition, this individual should be inquisitive to new technologies and learn at a fast pace.
Essential Job Duties:
•Must have industry certification (i.e., AWS Solutions Architect, Kubernetes Administrator certification, HashiCorp Terraform Associate, etc.).
•Must quantify failures and availabilities in a prescriptive manner (SLIs, SLOs, SLAs).Monitor all customer-facing applications and infrastructure to ensure they are working optimally.
•Must be a fast-learning individual who is resourceful and has an inquisitive mindset.
•Resolve support escalation cases by troubleshooting issues and finding opportunities to improve application’s architecture and system infrastructure.
•Must work efficiently and have an agile mindset.
•Familiarity with implementation of gradual changes, phased deployments (canary deployments), and intermediate change.
Position is remote in Washington DC area only, and will periodically require being onsite at the Maximus McLean, Virginia office.
Education and Experience:
•Bachelor’s Degree; Additional experience would be considered in lieu of degree
•At least 12 years of related experience
•Experienced and certified AWS Solution Architect
•Hands on experience managing containerized workloads and services with Container Orchestration using Kubernetes (AWS EKS preferred)At least 2 years of experience administrating Kubernetes and creating deployments yaml (any flavor, but prefer EKS)
•Expertise should Include application lifecycle management, installation, configuration and validation, networking, scheduling, security, cluster maintenance, core concepts, storage, and more.
•Knowledge required to build and manage Dockerfile to be deployed on Kubernetes deployments.
•Minimum of 3 years experience working intimately with Kubernetes (SME Level)
•Fluency and expertise with Jenkins, Git
•Strong experience with CFT, Terraform, Ansible Playbook development
•Intermediate-level scripting in Bash.
•Log shipping application logs to Splunk and AWS Cloud watch
•Expert level RHEL 8, using cloud-init for provisioning.
•Experience implementing a continuous integration (CI) or continuous development (CD) pipeline in Jenkins using Declarative Pipeline language
•Must have a good understanding and fluency of AWS native services and industry standard Saas, PaaS, and IaaS Solutions.
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
Green Card Holder / US Citizens only
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of enterprise SaaS micro services
- Manage infrastructure services in a production environment to ensure high availability and reliability
- Coordinate installation and build of VMs or Containers, assist in developing system requirements, as well as developing the backup and recovery solutions
- Set up and maintain enterprise PaaS platform infrastructure
- Make recommendations to integrate new custom and cloud software, coordinates installation and supports operations
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, troubleshooting, installing system wide software and addressing mass storage space requirements
- Monitor and make recommendations for allocation of computing resources
- Assist support teams in troubleshooting issues
- Support application teams by installing, maintaining, administering, and managing the PaaS Platform
- Monitor PaaS platform infrastructure including network systems logs on daily basis to ensure the entire system was operating at an optimum level, Identify technology gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plan
- Interface with engineering and other cloud-focused teams across the organization in order to establish and enforce best practices and standards
- Develop/Support CI/CD Pipeline Solutioning, Jenkins Integration (or similar CI/CD tools), Artifactory repository, and automated testing
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required, equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree
- At least twelve (12) years of related experience required; at least six (8) years of experience will be accepted if candidate has Master's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong scripting skills preferably in Python, Perl , Unix shell scripting
- Good Understanding and experience with the container technologies (Kubernetes/Docker)
- Build and deployment automation using one or more platforms such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TFS/VSTS, TeamCity, UrbanCode, etc.
- Knowledge of SSL certificates management
- Experience in an Agile and DevOps practices
- Champion Agile best-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevOps processes
- Experience developing automation solutions and working in a highly automated environment
- Experience with data storage and data backup technologies
- Knowledge of baseline and operations inside a cloud environment
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet and Ansible) and fluency in the associated programming languages (e.g. Ruby, Python or any other scripting)
- Experience in monitoring and setting up alerting for Cloud components (Ex: PCF Ops Manager and Elastic Runtime or similar components on related platforms)
- Experience in monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios, Appdynamics, Dynatrace or related tools
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Basic Database trouble shooting technique experience required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment under deadlines in a changing environment
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Must be will willing to work in pair programming model
- Must be organized and detail oriented
Software Powered by iCIMS