Maximus is seeking Senior COBOL Developers to support our Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client.
•Create, update, unit test, and maintain IBM COBOL programs
•Update documentation such as Functional Specification Packages (FSPs) or Program Requirements Packages (PRPs) and/or Visio diagrams, and/or spreadsheets as needed
•Track requirements and create/execute unit test cases
•Write, analyze, review and/or provide comments on documentation such as Unified Work Requests (UWR), UWR responses and Internal Revenue Manuals (IRM), Interface Control Documents (ICD) Computer Operator Handbooks (COH)
•Rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, tax processing subject matter expertise, and symbolic logic.
•Perform or direct the revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
•Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
•Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software
•Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program
•Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
•Consult with and assist testers in the development, SAT and FIT environments
Location of work is remote in US.
*This position is contingent on funding.
Project Minimum Requirements:
•Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree
•At least five (5) years of relevant experience required
•At least four (4) years of experience with IBM COBOL programming language
•Experience with DB2 and IBM DB2 utilities
•Experience with CICS
•Good verbal and written communication skills
•Demonstrated success in client support
•Ability to interface with all levels of management
•Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance
•Excellent time management, scheduling and organizational skills
•Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
•Preferred qualifications and experience include: Experience with IRS processing systems; experience with Assembler (ALC), SQL, JCL, Batch processing.
Additional Requirements, as per Contract/Client:
•Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI is a plus).
•Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for at least three (3) years, and Federal Tax compliant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of software solutions that will meet or exceed business requirements; the development effort includes designing and implementing modules to the system specifications, conducting unit testing, troubleshooting issues and producing detailed proposals to resolve issues.
- May evaluate new coding techniques, tools, modules, and implementation as appropriate.
- Lead and mentor entry and mid-level developers.
- Consult on requirements elicitation and definition.
- Design software solutions per systems requirements.
- Code software solutions per designs.
- Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules.
- Assist other developers in resolving issues by providing guidance and training.
- Support testing and remediate defects.
- Support users through troubleshooting and analysis of production logs and data.
- Investigate new solutions, tools, products, and techniques to incorporate into coding standards.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 5-7 years of related experience required.
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Professional Job Profile.
Software Powered by iCIMS