The Contact Center Supervisor is primarily responsible for supervising call center operations and activities while assisting with the development and implementation of procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Contact Center.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Monitor the performance of Consumer Services Specialists (CSSs) and provide feedback and education to staff to meet and exceed individual goals. Compose and deliver monthly, annual, and as needed performance reviews with CSSs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Contact Center programs and systems as well as the Contact Center performance requirements and Corporate/Project policy and procedures. This includes but is not limited to Marketplace General Information, Web Chat, Co-browse, and Application Processing including Enrollment. Provide assistance and updates to staff regarding these policies and procedures.
- Assist Consumer Services Specialists (CSS) in responding to consumer inquiries and handle escalated calls, including complaints, from Consumer Services Specialists (CSS), as needed.
- Assist with CSS training classes.
- Meet Quality Assurance (QA) and other key performance metrics.
- Evaluate the need for training to ensure specialists maintain current knowledge of multiple programs and work closely with the Quality Assurance and Training departments on the implementation of quality and training initiatives.
- Discuss job performance concerns and personnel-related issues to identify cause and issues and work closely with the Human Resources department on resolving problems.
- Anticipate issues proactively and escalate to management as appropriate.
- Review and provide feedback on Contact Center documentation and processes.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Background & Experience Required:
- 1 year of related experience.
- 6 months of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Computer literacy; ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to coach, develop, and mentor team members.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- One year of lead/supervisor experience; health or social services field preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicaid managed care and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), as well as knowledge of New York health care, social service, and geographic and demographic environments preferred.
Salary Range for this Position Starts at $55,341/Yr.